Hey there! It's been a while since I've updated. I've been in a bit of a funk lately and haven't done much blog writing or reading.
Strange thing is I'm not even really sure why I'm in a funk. I mean, I guess I do, but I can't really put it into words if that makes sense. I just feel like I'm in a strange place in life.
I sort of feel like I do when the winter blues strike, but considering it's the beginning of August, that doesn't make much sense.
Things have just been a little weird lately and I feel somehow unsettled. I hope this isn't a mid-life crisis because that would mean I'm not going to live long.
I've been having a rough, going-through-a-transition-phase at work lately, we've had some "situations" with our neighbors that have left me frustrated, unsure, mad, and doubtful all at once. I know that doesn't make sense. It's okay. Just bare with me.
My brother and sister-in-law recently moved and I miss them like crazy. They are only about an hour and a half away, but still. They aren't as close as they were.
My first born will be starting Kindergarten in 2 weeks and I'm not sure how that happened considering I just came home from the hospital with him.
I always planned on having a celebration when we closed on our house, but that was unexpectedly hard too. I'm not sad about the situation we're in, and actually know it's all for our greater good. But I'm still sad. I grew up in that house and I miss it. It's weird to see someone else's car in the driveway. Which I wouldn't know if I'd quit driving by it, but I feel a nosy need to see what's going on with it.
I'm just feeling like I'm at a transitional point in my life. Does that make sense? If it does, feel free to explain it, because I'm not even sure I understand. I just feel like certain things need to change...or big changes are on the horizon. Yet it's unsettling and left me feeling outside my comort zone. And we all know I like my comfort zone.
The last time I felt like big changes were in store for me I ended up getting pregnant for the first time within a couple of weeks. I sincerely hope THAT'S not the type of change in store for me this time, but I have a feeling it's something just as life altering. And if I'm lucky it'll be something else nine months in the making so I have time to adjust and transition. :)
So, anyway, all this to say hello, sorry I haven't been around much lately, and please forgive all my craziness.
Hopefully we'll be back to regularly scheduled programming shortly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sorry to hear your in that place. I think I am with you on that one though. We should try to get together before this boy decides to pop out, and since I no longer need to pack up my house I should probly finish that drape up for you too.
I know you have to miss Kim, but that means a great getaway is in store. You are going through a lot of transition it sounds like and I'm sure that means that God has something in store for you and it'll be amazing. Lean on Him for answers and guidance and joy!
Hey back at you!
I am about to be a little more absent myself in the quest for "balance" in my life.
I hope today is a good one for you though.
Love you!!!! And I 'm so glad we got to talk today. Can't wait to see you (hopefully) Labor Day weekend!!!!
Post a Comment