Seems like it's been forever since my last post! Where is the summer going? July is going especially quick!
We have been having an unexceptionally cool July here. That's good for most outdoor activities, but not so great for opportunities to enjoy our complex pool.
Work has been getting busier and I have only been blogging in the evenings. Except that hasn't been actually happening. There's always so much to do in the time after work that it's been hard to find time to blog....and I miss it. I feel so "out of the loop". Isn't it funny how you feel like you need to "check-in" with people and feel so connected to those in the online world?
My kids behavior indicated they clearly needed an early bedtime tonight, and my husband is working late, so I thought I'd hop on and say hello and start catching up.
Hope you are all doing well and enjoying summer!! What is your favorite summer activity?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My kids and needed an earlier bedtime and so have I! Thanks for checking in. I can't believe we are half way through July.
I miss you Ally friend!!! We've been keeping the kids on an earlier bedtime routine, but unfortunately our neighborhood has not...which makes it hard to convince the kids to come in!!! You asked what our favorite summertime activity is...and i have to say spending time at the pool!!! Definitely...even though I will never, ever, ever get a tan... :(
Ally,
Every summer the kids (about 6 of them) in our neighborhood, wrote and put on a play. They would come to each house of friends on the street with "tickets." Then, on the evening of the play one child would seat us on folding chairs in the backyard of the chosen house for that summer. Larry was cameraman. Of course, a sheet was used as a curtain. They painted scenery. They did all different kinds of things-musicals, variety, etc. It was hilarious and the highlight of the summer. We were so lucky to live in a neighborhood with great neighbors and super energetic, talented kids.
Marilyn
Post a Comment