Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We've moved!

Actually we've been in our new place for just over a week now, but we've been too busy for me to get on and blog about it.
So far I am really liking it. It's quite a bit smaller, but that actually has some advantages to it. The kids are both adjusting well also and have enjoyed the ammenities the complex has to offer.
We are almost all moved in to the new place, but not entirely moved OUT of the old place. We still need to go back and get the rest of our stuff and get it all cleaned up. I have no idea how people would move without at least a little bit of "overlap" time. We have been working SO hard, but there's just so much to do.
I think once everything is done at the old house and we have officially closed I'll feel a little more settled in.
I do have a few pictures of the new place and of some of my "projects" that I'll get posted as soon as I can.
I made several window treatments that didn't turn out half bad. The new place has windows over 70" wide, so many store bought treatments wouldn't work and panels would get quite expensive. I found some great ideas for making your own window treatments via The Nester and gave them a shot.

I just wanted to check in with everyone and say hello and give you all an update!!

4 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

The Nester is great - good luck. Moving is always a pain, no matter how many times you have done it in the past!

Beth Herring said...

Congratulations on the move. Looking forward to pics of the new place.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted! Can't wait to get caught up. And, I can't wait to see the new place. Love you! Kim

Kelli said...

Yeah on the move. I'm sure you'll be settled in no time and it will be home. Hope everything goes smoothly!