How did it get to be Wednesday already? I still haven't posted about my weekend!
Unfortunately my camera will not hold a charge these days, so the pics have to wait until tomorrow, but we had fun.
Friday night Derrick and I took the kids to the mall. The intention was to get Gina a haircut and let Myles play, but no one could fit Gina in. It worked out though. We let them play and took them to Bass Outdoor World in the mall, and they had a great time looking at all of the fish and the turtles in their indoor aquarium.
Saturday Derrick was working, but I got some stuff done around the house in the morning, and then we headed out to get Gina's haircut at a place that specializes in children's hair. She did great. I took lots of pictures, so I'll get those up. She got to sit in a big pink car and watch Barbie. Her hair is so curly it's not really getting longer---well it is, but it doesn't look it--and it just needed a major shape up. It was so uneven and would get so tangled it was impossible. At first I felt like they took too much off, but I think that's just because I want it to GROW!! I have noticed since they cut it it's much easier to take care of.
When they were done with the cut they put it in pigtails. I have to say, it was the cutest thing. And she was so proud of herself. All day she kept saying "pretty hair".
When we left we went to another mall to get my hair cut. They said it'd be about an hour wait, so we walked around and grabbed some lunch. They did so well!! There was a big water fountain in the middle of the mall and they both LOVED it. Myles loved throwing in pennies.
Then we went to get my haircut. I was a little nervous to get my hair cut with the kids with me, but it worked out. Myles was such a good big brother, and actually liked watching me do my hair.
Sunday we went to the church--unfortunatley for the first time in a couple of weeks between Derrick's surgery and the move, but it was great. I was so happy when Myles actually ASKED to go.
After church we went to lunch and then got more stuff out of our old house. What a process!
Monday we got more stuff done around the house, and then I took my fabric over to a friends house so she could sew it for me. Before we did though I painted my toenails. Myles didn't see me doing it, but when he saw me afterwards he said "Oh my GOSH. They are SO Beautiful. I could look at them all day. Or at least until I fall asleep. Can I touch them??!!". Isn't that hysterical?
And to top off my long weekend, I went out to dinner with some friends and had a great time! We are friends from childhood, so it's always good to reconnect. And hey, a couple of strawberry margaritas doesn't hurt! haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait to see the hair!
Post a Comment