Wednesday, June 17, 2009

To have just a touch of his imagination

My boy has the best imagination...and memory. And I could kick myself for not recording more of the funny things he says. So that's exactly what I'm going to do now.

Yesterday on the way home they noticed a flock of birds take off in flight. This is what he said:

Him:"Do you know what I would do if I was a bird"?

Me: "What"

Him: "I'd fly all the way up to the sky"

Me: Oh yeah? What would you do there?

Him: I'd go see the giant!

Yeah, the giant that lives up high in the sky. But he wouldn't catch me!

Me: Oh he wouldn't? How come?

Him: Because I'd be too good of a flyer!

Me: Oh--well, of course you would.

Him: Yep, and Gina could come with me. She could be the sister bird.

Me: That's nice of you.

Him: Yeah, and you could come too. you'd be the mommy bird. And daddy could be the daddy bird. And Max and Sophie would be the doggy birds".

--laughing--

Him: Yep, but the giant would never catch us!

Me: "Cause we'd all be too good of flyers?

Yup, we sure would. But he might catch us on the way down. But I don't think so.

~~~~~~~~~
This next one happened yesterday night as they were getting ready for bed. He likes picking out what Gina is going to wear the next day. He wants to make her beautiful. Should I be worried about all this concern over "beautiful"? :)

He picked out a polo style dress Gina has and asked if she could wear it. I said sure.

He said "are you sure? Last time she wore this is when G-ma was in town and she said Gina looked like a pattycake".

Mom and I have no idea what that's about, but I bet if I could figure it out it'd be funny, cause you just know he has something all confused in his head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This last one was on the way to work this morning. He was very worried about somthing and started to cry.
It turns out he was worried about something he thought he couldn't do and he'd be too embarassed to ask his sitter for help with.
We had a long talk about how I didn't want him to feel worried and it'd be okay and his sitter would be there if he needed her and how I think he can do so much more than he knows he can.
I could see his wheels turning and asked if he was feeling better. He said no, he was still worried.
I again told him that things would be okay and that even though he says he can't do this I know he can because he's done it before and that I knew he could do it again.
Again, there was silence. And thinking. I have hope that maybe he's processing what I'm saying and feeling better about things. And then he says:

Well, I don't eat vegetables.



So, there you have it. A few memories of my favorite boy.

2 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Good for you for writing these down - I'm horrible at that.

Stacey Cannon said...

Awwww I'm not good at writing those things down either...that is awesome that you're doing it. Some day when we're old and gray these things are going to give us so much joy!