This is the material I purchased to go on the windows in our main living area and in our dining room. I just need a friend to sew the seam and a rod pocket so we can get it hung.

This is a pic from the front door of our main living area.

This is a picture of the kids room:

Another view of the kids room:

And yet another of their room. Can you spot the sleeping baby?

This is a picture of the curtain in the kids room I "made". This is a bad angle, but it's hung all the way where the ceiling and wall meets, but I think it hangs a little too low down the window. What do you think? I probably should have folded the material in half before hanging it so it wasn't so long, but I really don't feel like taking it down now to re-do it. Is that totally lazy, or what?

This is a picture of the kids closet. It's huge. It's hard to get a picture from the right angle to really show it, but I love all the shelving so that all of their toys have a place to go.

This is a picture I had to buy when I saw it as it happens to have my blog title in it!

This is a picture of the curtains in our room that I "made".

This is a picture of the window treatment in the kids bathroom I "made". That I can now see isn't hung totally straight. Oh well.

This is a picture of the area behind us. I love all the room the kids have to play.

So there you go! Once we get some more done and I actually take the time to take some more pics that aren't all blurry I'll get more posted.
We're definitely feeling more settled in and "at home". We still have some room to do in our bedroom as one of the dressers we were going to use sort of fell apart on us during the move. It was a chest of drawers by Sauder. The drawer roller/guide thingy's all started falling off! Let me know if you know how to fix that. The back of it also started coming off, so now it's all rickety, but I think that can simply be re-nailed to the dresser.
I can't really get everything put away and organized in there until I can use those drawers or figure something else out, so that's been a little frustrating. Our room is quite a bit smaller than it was at the house, so I'm trying to figure out how to make it a more relaxing space as right now it just feels too tight.
For those of you that have been blessed with the crafty or design gene let me know if you have any ideas and or suggestions for me!
3 comments:
Looks like you're settling well. That closet is HUGE and so is that space behind you.
Ally it is beautiful!!!! I LOVE it! Your curtains are fantastic...I SOOOOOO could not have done anything like that! You go woman! And look at that space for them to run and play outside! I hope you will be so happy there...it looks just wonderful!!!!
As for the curtain in the kids room, I don't think it hangs too low...I think you've got enough fabric you could lower it all the way to cover the whole window if you wanted the to sleep late one morning or something. I think it looks perfect!!!
I enjoyed reading your blog this afternoon...
Had some time to do some blog hopping...always enjoy finding new blogs!
Hope you will visit me.
This month I am posting on our Disney trip.
Post a Comment