That was the topic on another blog I read today and it has hit home.
Sadly, on this blog, she was telling about how she lost her friend, and mother to two young children suddenly and unexpectedly. And ironically, they had just talked about "what if" this happened.
As mom's we feel like there are so many things only we know or only we can do right. Would he know where this is...how to do that?
I've had those same conversations with friends before. A girl I went to highschool with died a couple of years ago just after the birth of her first child. I was so saddened by that and affected deeply as I had also just had Myles. It made me wonder what would happen if something happened to me suddenly.
Yet, somehow, too often, we still get caught up in the small things.
Today I have been in full on "Ally mode". We only have two weeks until we move and my head is swirling with so many, pretty irrelevant thoughts.
Thoughts about what to put where, what we still need to get rid of, what we still need to get, etc.
While it's so common for all of us to do that (okay, so maybe me more often than most), the downside is we forget to Be Present in our lives.
We're so busy planning our lives we forget to live them.
I'd hate for my kids to remember me cleaning or being on the computer or something else totally random. I want them to remember me being present. It's so hard to do.
Our time is so limited and our kids grow so fast. It's something we all know but push aside too often.
As someone that struggles wtih anxiety I have to constantly remind myself to quit worrying, quit planning, and just be. JUST BE.
So that is my hope for all of you this weekend. That you enjoy what ever it is you're doing fully and live with no regrets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
B A L A N C E is what I have learned after all of these years. I think you are very wise to have learned these things at your age. It is sometimes hard just to "BE" when we have little ones.
Post a Comment