I can't believe we move in less than 2 weeks. Two Weeks.
It was the end of April last year when Derrick lost his job, and shortly after that when we decided to sell the house. A decision I thought we'd never have to make, but definitely one I didn't think I would be ABLE to make. For so long I buried my head and tried to make it work.
This past year has been full of ups and downs, but I think I can safely say I've learned and grown more in this past year than any other so far. I've had to let go of so many fears, and by doing so I've seen everything I was so afraid wouldn't happen HAPPEN.
A year ago I was having lunch with my SIL, Kim, and I was telling her all the reasons why we couldn't move, why our house wouldn't sell, why we couldn't rent an apartment, how things would never work out for us, etc etc.
Do you know what she said? Something I'll never forget.
Don't believe the lies the devil tells you.
It took me by surprise, and I don't think I've ever been the same. In hind sight I see so many things we coulda, shoulds, woulda done had it not been for fear, but I can't focus on that. What I can focus on is that I now feel stronger and more brave and confident. I know that I am able to do so much more than I thought. And more importantly, I know that with God all things are possible.
So, in just over a year we have almost already reached a point where we can look back and reflect on how much we have accomplished and how much has changed.
I know while living in the apartment may not be ideal, it is something some people in this world could only dream of having. And for us? For us it's just a stepping stone. A chance to regroup, refocus and make even more changes.
There were times this past year I thought the anxiety would eat me up. I had no idea how things would work out. I knew they would, somehow, but it was torture to not know how.
Now, Derrick has a great job that he loves, we have sold our house (!!!), found a great apartment to live in, and have grown in our faith. And I think that alone makes us SO BLESSED.
And this past year has taught me that I am capable of getting through storms and coming out on the other side stronger. I will no longer allow fear and anxiety hold me back from accomplishing something. I am willing to take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well thank God for Kim. The devil tells SO many lies and we fall right into it. I'm glad that things are looking up and that your faith in God has been renewed...awesome. Good luck with the move.
Allyson, I'm so anxious to watch this new season unfold before you.
Post a Comment