Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Recap

Because this has been a four day weekend for me, it has turned into one of those times that it seems like everything that happened Friday was weeks ago.

We were off work for Good Friday, but I still chose to send the kids to the sitter and take advantage of it. I'm so glad I did...it was so productive!
I got to Target before they even opened and used some gift cards (thanks G-ma) to get some Easter stuff for the kids.
I then went to Goodwill where I found lots of deals for the kids---Gap, Children's Place, etc....and it was all 50% off. Yeah!
Then took some old toys to the consignment store and also found some really cute sandals for Gina while I was there.
I stopped at Walmart for a few items and then came home. A friend and her husband came over to go through a lot of the stuff we won't be able to take with us when we move, and she was thrilled to find a lot of gardening stuff, and her husband found a lot of old tools. Plus she had her two kids with her, and she is pregnant with her third and had just come from an ultraound where they found out it was a BOY! Yay!
I stopped by what will be our apartment complex to give them our security deposit, and they let me in the actual unit which was nice. Good news is I think everything wiill fit (since we've gotten rid of so much, bad news is there won't be much room for the kids to play and it's going to be a big adjustment.)
Then I realized that I had a gift certificate to the mall, I needed my hair done, and I had no kids. Score.

Saturday we had a ton of cleaning/organizing to do in the basement that morning, but I think that part is finally done! Thank goodness. We then had to get ready for the house inspection, so we all went to lunch and to Derrick's eye appt. That was an answered prayer....I really thought he'd need prescription glasses, but he just needs readers. Phew!

By the time we got home at 4, we were all exhausted, Gina still hadn't napped and it seemed like it should be midnight.

Yesterday we went to church and had a great service. I took millions of pictures of the kids, but left my cord to the camera at work, so I can't upload them yet. But I do think Gina was the cutest thing ever. Just my humble opinion, of course.

Today we had to wake up bright and early to go to the airport, and then the kids and I went to the grocery store. We took a walk around the block (which I'm realizing every time we do it could be our last time...the same blocks I used to walk as a kid!!)...and then got some dinner at Burger King. Fun times.

Now I can't believe I have to go back to work tomorrow. We've worked so hard and done so much I need a weekend, and yet my week is just about to start!

I'll post some pictures of my little munchkins tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

That sounds like a great four days! Even getting your hair done...score it right!
And I think I'm lost on the house story. You're moving because you sold your house...are you moving to another city eventually? Just curious.

Stacey Cannon said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you had some much needed alone time!!! :) That rocks! I'm so glad that things are coming together for you, and that you are able to make some progress on getting things sorted with the house. :) Love you Chickadee!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!