Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Making the best of it

Unfortunately, my allergies--if that's what it was--turned into something more and I ended up feeling just awful the past couple of days. I had laryngitis over the weekend, had a sore throat, sore chest, and have been coughing so much my ribs feel like they are broken. I went to the doctor yesterday and got an antibiotic and cough medicine. I also decided to take the day off of work today, which is unusual for me, but I'm so glad I did. I have no idea how the time all passed so quickly, but I don't think I got off the couch except to eat, go to the bathroom and check my emails a couple of times. It was just what I needed. I'm starting to feel like I just might live after all. :)

We've also had some more frustrating news on the house front. I have not been a big fan of our real estate agent lately, and it didn't help that she was out of town all of last week and we had no contact. I had tried to follow up with her partner regarding the inspection, but he was of no help. Unfortunately, we found out today (over a week after the buyers agent sent it to our agent I might add) that the inspection on the house caused our deal to fall through. There were all sorts of little things that came up, some bigger than others--but some were pretty big. It's not the news we were hoping to hear, but it's okay.
I know this situation is in God's hands, and I trust him completely. I know he already knows the end result of all of this and we just have to walk it out day by day with faith and trust until we get to the end of this situation.
So for now, the price has been lowered yet again and we hope to find another buyer that is willing to deal with the issues because the price is right.

So tonight I picked the kids up from the sitters house, had some chicken and noodles, ate some ice cream, played dress up, gave them an extra long bath, and now I'm going to go snuggle with the boy until he falls asleep.

These last few days haven't been the best, but we're making the best of it. And the ice cream doesn't hurt, either.

Now if only I could just stop coughing.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Sigh, I'm so sorry to hear about your frustration. The right buyer will come along...God will provide. It's so hard to feel that way in the midst of the storm I know. Hang in here.
Yum...ice cream!

Stacey Cannon said...

I'm so sorry Ally...it WILL happen. Just in God's time...not ours. Hang in there and we will keep praying for things to work out - and soon. Get to feeling better! It's awful with the hubbies are gone, but when you are sick on top of being alone, it really makes it hard. I'm thinkin' of ya... Love ya chickadee...