Monday, April 6, 2009

God is working....

We have a contract on the house!

We still need several things to fall into place with his lender's appraisal and the whole house inspection, which I'm really nervous about, but it's a HUGE step in the right direction.

We are tentatively supposed to close on May 1st if everything works out. Which is leaving me with about every emotion possible....happy, nervous, excited, etc.

We have done SO much work this weekend. We have a basement full of stuff that needed to be sorted through and given away and there was so much more down there than we realized. It's been exhausting. But I think we're through the hardest/heaviest parts. Now we just have some paperwork to sort into keep/toss piles, throw away the rest of the trash, and clean the basement.

Fortunately our upstairs won't be difficult....just packing up books, taking down pictures, etc. Most of what we have left is just furniture and clothing.

This is the house I grew up in, so that's also leaving me with a lot of emotions. I realized though that God was good enough to let us go through one whole year of "lasts" in this house since we've known for so long we'll be moving. I just want to run around and take a bunch of pictures for memories sake.

And I still have mixed emotions about moving to an apartment. It'll be a difficult transition, but one I'm hoping will actually be easier than I'm thinking. And I know it'll only be temporary. I know we'll be back in a place of our own again one day soon.

And I definitely know how much I still have to be grateful for. It could be SO much worse, and I do not lose sight of that.

We put out SO much trash today (I was actually surprised they picked it all up) have yet another charity truck coming in the morning, so things are clearing out fast.

Unfortunately, my husband is going on a business trip this month and will be out of town during this crazy month. So I know we still have a lot left to do before he leaves....I need his strength!!

It's been easy to listen to my own doubts and fears this whole time and think that this house would never sell. We'd never get an offer. If we did they'd back out after the inspection. There were times we even doubted it was worth listing for sale to begin with. But that's what this process, and my whole walk of faith has been about.....don't listen to the lies the devil tells you.
Because I know that if this is what is meant to happen to us than God is more than big enough to over come any obstacles that may seem to stand in the way.
So for that reason, I have no fear. I'll be thrilled if it works out and we make it to closing, but if it doesn't I'm okay with that too. Because I have trust in what is meant to happen.

But I know in the mean time a few prayers liften up wouldn't hurt.....

3 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Congratulations - I have been there and no what you are going through. There is life on the other side - it will all be awesome!

Kimberly said...

I will keep you in my prayers, Ally.

Good work on your basement! Mine is still calling out to me for some attention but I just keep plugging my ears!

I can't to see where God is leading you next!

Yolanda said...

Father,

Please comfort Ally and her family. Equip them for the days ahead and bless them with YOUR perfect peace. In the Name of our Savior, Christ Jesus. Amen.

Love,
Yolanda