Saturday, March 28, 2009

Feeling Thankful

I know I mentioned a little while ago that I was feeling sort of overwhelmed by all of the heaviness in the world lately...so many sick babies, health issues, loss of loved ones, financial issues, etc.

I just wanted to share that I have been feeling SO much more thankful lately. I really am at a point that when I hear of things happening on the news I immediately become thankful for what I have. Not to say I don't have compassion for those going through those tough times, just that I am able to more easily recognize how truly blessed I am.
And I'm thankful for that.

Fear and anxiety used to rule my life and every waking thought. It's amazing how developing my relationship with Jesus has turned that around and tought me to be grateful....not fearful.
That's not to say that I think bad things won't happen, it's just that I've learned to not "borrow trouble" and worry about them. As my husband would say, I can cross that bridge when I get to it....and be confident, knowing that I'll get through it. No matter what it is.
I just have a sense of Peace. Confidence.

Instead of questioning the "what if's" or "why's" I can focus on the things I can control and the one thing that is much more productive. My relationship with Him.

What are you grateful for?

4 comments:

Yolanda said...

I'm grateful for my Best Friend, Jesus Christ and the FAITH that He has grown from the mustard seed.

How are you? How about your sister-in-law, Kim?

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Kelli said...

I'm am grateful to be growing in my relationship with Christ, my family, health and blogs (wink!)

Marilyn said...

You have reached a real milestone in your personal development and in your walk with Christ. Yeah for you!
Love,
Marilyn

Kristen said...

Oh Ally... you certainly have hit on something I have battled - anxiety. Isn't it wonderful knowing that the deeper our relationship with our Savior becomes that we can face life being grateful and not live captive to fear!

You brightened my day!
K