Friday, March 27, 2009

In a time warp....

I feel like I lost track of time and forgot what day it was. I am a routine-oriented person by nature, and while that may not always be exciting, it keeps me on track.
This week has not been routine.

My mom came into town from Florida, and we are so excited to see her. It's been since Christmas, which at this point, feels like a long time. Of course we made all sorts of plans for good times for us and the kids, but so far those have not worked out.
I should be experienced enough at this motherhood-stuff by now to know that things rarely go according to plan.
Instead of G-ma picking Myles up at school yesterday, we ended up watching HGTV and Oprah on the couch together with a sick little boy. Figures, huh?

He went back to the sitters today, but I ended up needing to get him after lunch and I decided to bring him to the doctor. That's always such a tough call, isn't it? It's like you don't want to waste a trip (and a co-pay) to have them tell you it's a virus, but at the same time you don't want to not go and miss something...especially when it's Friday!
Turns out he just has a stomach virus and a cold. But it all seems to come and go. He went from looking pathetic and miserable in the doctor's office to asking if we could go to the mall. Hmm.......

So I'm totally out of whack with missing work, having a sick child and enjoying time with my mom. I am glad it's the end of the week though and we have the weekend to get healthy.

There is a school carnival happening tomorrow that Myles is dying to go to...it's at the school he'll be attending Kindegarten in the fall. So here's hoping we he gets healthy and hasn't decided to share this virus with any of the rest of us.

No comments: