Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Those girls in green...

The girl scouts that is. I'm blaming them. Or more specifically those cookies. Because in all fairness it's probably not fair to blame the girls themselves for my lack of willpower.

You would think we don't have access to a grocery store aisle full of cookies the way Girl Scout cookies create such a frenzy, but I too paid my 3 bucks for the quickly shrinking box of goodness.

It's hard when you work in a small office and everyone's child is doing fundraisers--I have a desire to support them all. Even if my wallet may not be big enough to pay 5 dollars for a small chocolate bar.

But my co-worker came around with that Girl Scout Cookie form and asked if I wanted any. On a side note, have they changed that form since the 80's? It looked the same as I remember using myself.

I told her I'd take 1 box of thin mints. Afterall, 1 box isn't so bad right? Plus, I had heard that the boxes would be smaller this year anyway. I distinctly remember selling girl scout cookies myself, and let me tell you, the boxes were about double in size.

So anyway...the cookies...and just one box.

I had full intentions of bringing my Thin Mints home to put them in the freezer. Have you had them frozen? Oh...so good!!

I cannot tell you how long (short??) it took me to eat the box of cookies without feeling like a child that just got caught with my hand in the cookie jar. Literally.
Plus, I'm afraid that those of you that don't know me well enough yet would be too horrified to ever return.
But let's just say I didn't have any frozen Thin Mints this year.

I did however find out the true meaning...and feeling...of a sugar crash. And it wasn't pretty, people. I felt so awful this morning...seriously faint. I can only contribute it to the cookies and my body saying "Oh. My. Goodness. WHAT have you done to me".

If there is an upside to this story it may be that it's possible I may never eat another girl scout cookie again.


For all of you that know me too well....stop laughing. It's not nice.

4 comments:

Melyssa said...

Ally, I have a few more boxes on my desk to share, lol!

Anita said...

Girl Scout cookies!!! Yum!! Mine are not in yet, bummer.

Anonymous said...

Test...test

Anonymous said...

Maybe the 4th time will be a charm as far as posting! Ally, you ought to become a free lance writer! You had me laughing!