Thursday, February 19, 2009

Christmas in February?

Myles, like most children, loves when he does something that gets a reaction out of you--especially if he can make you laugh. He's quite the jokester, just like his dad and gets great joy out of being funny.

So yesterday evening we were all together in the family room. I think Myles spotted and opportunity for undivided attention. He grabbed his baby sister and they stood together on our hearth holding hands and swaying while he sang "We Wish You A Merry Christmas". Over. And over. And over again.
Don't they learn lots of other songs in preschool?

When the novelty of that wore off, they started doing it on the floor in "ring around the rosy" fashion. But he added on a second verse to the song. And to think--in all my years I had never heard this version. Man, what I've been missing.

In the same beat as We Wish You a Merry Christmas he started singing "We're not leaving until we get chicken pudding (repeat 2 x) AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

All the while Gina was waiting for the right time to throw her hands up and say "HAPPY".

Aren't you glad you know the rest of the song now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must admit that Mr. Myles and Ms. Gina are quite the kids with personality plus! I wish I could have been there to have seen the performance!