Monday, February 16, 2009

Our day

My baby taking care of her baby:





She's such a good little mommy. (Despite the fact she's stepping on her stomach.) lol
Isn't it funny how I think all mom's of little girls have a house full of naked baby dolls laying aorund.


Myles with a Dorito mouth.
Today we started out with a visit to Sonic. Hello junior sundaes!! We also went to Old Time Pottery looking for a photo album and some new dishes, but I couldn't find either. I was also hoping to score on some cheap slip covers, but found out they don't even sell slip covers. Bummer.
We headed home for what turned out to be a too-short nap time and were suprised when Derrick came home earlier than I was expecting him. And he made us dinner. I swear sometimes I think I'd starve if he wasn't here to cook for me.
Well, I take that back. There's always lots of frozen stuff I can heat up, right? And I could probably survive for a while off of break and bake chocolate chip cookies. (And I wonder why I can't lose weight).
Here's the quote I loved from today, courteousy of Myles:
Me in response to a "Mommy"?? Yes, baby?
Myles: "I'm not a baby. I'm a big kid. I'm not as big as an adult, I mean I'm still a little kid, but just not a baby kid. I'm a big kid".
Life lessons learned today:
-toothpaste does not come out of a little girl's hair easily
-little girls don't like to have their hair rinsed off under the sink faucet
-playing with a bouncy balls inside can break a Willow Tree Angel before you can say "don't play with that in here".
-Willow Tree Angels are hard to glue back together when they don't break into big pieces.
-comforting a boy that has just broken a Willow Tree Angel after a self imposed time out feels better than being angry.
-bouncy balls are very easy to dispose of, never to return again.
Which, btw, prompts me to my final question. Who thought it was a good idea to give a class full of preschoolers a bouncy ball as a part of a Valentine goody bag? And when did Valentine's Day turn into the next Halloween, anyway? When I was little we may have passed out little valentine's, but we certainly didn't come home with almost as much candy as if we had been trick-or-treating.
And the last life lesson:
Those M&M's bought 1/2 off the day after V-Day make for a hyper mommy and for long blog posts.





3 comments:

Stacey Cannon said...

I LOVE SONIC! Lucky you!!! I'm so sorry about your Willow Tree figurine...I know that was frustrating, and then sad to see how sad he was.

I'm still trying to stay away from the leftover candy hearts because they get me really wound up!!! Valentines Day is NOT a good holiday!!! :)

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE pictures! And, I TOTALLY agree that Valentine's Day is way too close in the amount of candy to Halloween. I think it's time I THROW away the candy.... otherwise, I could just strap the packs onto my backside since that's where they will end up anyway!

PS ~~~ Got your recipe ready for tomorrow?????

PSS ~~ Please email me and tell me WHERE a Sonic is near you? I heart Sonic and wish there was one super close to us.... we are HUGE fans of Diet Cherry Limeades!

Love you,
Kim

Kelli said...

I have to try Sonic. I hear about it all over and I've never been.
The response from your son is priceless and truly sounds like somethng my 5-year old would say.