Sunday, February 1, 2009

Reconnecting with an old friend

After church today I went to have lunch with an old friend I met in college and haven't seen in a few years. Actually the last time I saw her she was about half way through her first pregnancy...with twins. The twins are now 4 and she also has another little boy who is 1.
I have thought about her a lot over the years, but had lost her contact info, and then it seems like a certain period of time passes where it just feels weird to try and call.
But out of the blue she sent me a Christmas card with a note in it to give her a call. I did and we were finally able to reconnect!
We shared an awesome lunch at Olive Garden and caught up on everything that's happened. She's always been a petite girl, and bless her heart, she still is. To think of her as the mom of 3 boys seems odd to me. She's just the sweetest girl though, and I realized how much I had missed her.
As we got to talking we found out we're both Dave Ramsey followers. I knew I liked that girl!
And it was all just perfect timing. Perfect that after 4 years she'd send me a card to an address we won't be at much longer. Perfect that we're both at a stage in our life where we're seeking change. And perfect that after a church service specifically calling on us to step out of our comfort zone and spread the word of Christ to people God places in our life by passing out a "special guest" invite card that she mentioned she was looking for a church home after years of not really "feeling it". Praise him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super cool story!!! Sounds like you've got a new (old) friend!!!