Monday, February 2, 2009

A doctor kinda day

This morning I had my last appt at the dentist to get my cavities filled. It's such a painful thought to think about paying so much money for something you hate so much---such are many things with life, huh?
I'll tell you what though...this was my second time getting nitrous oxide ever. And let me tell you, it was the most relaxed I've been in a LONG time, and I had four cavities filled.
I wonder if they'd just let me stop in periodically for "treatment"? Hmm.....
I was a little nervous the first time about how I'd feel, doing something stupid, etc. But yesterday I knew what to expect and it was glorious. Highly recommend it.

Derrick had to work, so the kids were with Cindy. After the appt. I picked them up and took them to the mall to play and to get some lunch before heading to the doctor for Myles' 5 year well-check. He's now 47.5 pounds, 46.5 inches...80th and 95th percentiles respectively...big boy. He had to get two shots, but is now all done until he's 11. Yeah!!!

After that I came home to finish laundry and house cleaning for a showing we had that evening. We didn't have anything we really needed to do, and somehow ended up at Dairy Queen. Not that there's ever really a bad time for DQ, but let's just say when it's snowing and still icy out, DQ isn't exactly slammed.

So it was just one of those sorts of days....lots of stuff to do, none of it very fun.

My favorite quote of the day: Myles says "You've had me for a long time now, huh, mommy?". Yup. "Aren't you ready to get rid of me yet?"

Let's just say there are times it may be safer to plead the 5th. JUST kidding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha - I am with ya girl!!! Totally!!!

Wow...he's 47 lbs!!! Eli is still barely 40...usually teetering on the 39-40 lb mark. His eating habits are horrible...the boy just can't gain weight...