Friday, January 30, 2009

Catching up

Sorry it's been sort of quiet here. It's been an unusual week with the snow and ice storm, events wtih the house, etc. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting everything back to normal...if there is such a thing...soon.
No big weekend plans here. Gina has a cold that's been making her feel crummy, so hopefully she'll be able to rest and recover.
I'm hoping Derrick is up to spending lots of time in the snow this weekend, because Myles has been dying to play in it, and hasn't had as many opportunities as he'd like, since I don't want to go with him. lol Well, truthfully I just really don't want Gina out there since she's not feeling well and Derrick has been getting home after dark (not hard when it's dark at 6). Does that sound like a legitmate enough excuse??? So I'm hoping this weekend Myles can go outside and play in the snow until his heart is content....wtih his daddy, that is. :)
Now if he wants to go play in the sand, on say a sunny beach somewhere, I'm the one to call!! But for now, I'm most content curled up in the recliner next to the space heater. I'm just holding on for dear life until spring comes along.

Oh, and before I forget, and for memories sake, I have to tell you about Gina's new skills. She's putting two and three words together, and it's so cute. My favorites are "tanks mom" when I give her something and "tow peas" ( for towel please) when she thinks her hands are dirty or she wants to clean...anything! She stands in front of our paper towels saying this constantly. Now that she can express her desire for everything to be clean she's much hapier. :)
She's also starting to say "love you", "night night daddy/mommy", bye bye daddy/mommy, Max OUT, oobie out (I love this one too...I have no idea why, but she calls Sophie "oobie"...I guess because all animals are "oops" for some reason). She also tells me when Myles cries "Mom...Ma...cying". She says "heart, princess, pretty, coat, hat, block, and will basically try to repeat anything Myles says to her. Not so sure if that's to expand her vocabulary or just to annoy the heck out of him, but she's successful either way.
And the one that makes Derrick laugh...when she opens the shower door just to give you a kiss, and then shuts it again with a giggle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great update! I was smiling and envisioning the whole time I was reading!

My, my Gina is really getting to be a 'big' little girl! I can't believe she is talking so much and putting so many words together.

The sand is waiting for you!

Anonymous said...

How awesome is it when our children go from babies to developing people who we can communicate with. Love that time in life. So sweet!!!!