We've had a great day today. Church was really good. The one we go to is a plant church that has just been around for about 1.5 years. I was saying to Derrick today that it's been really crowded lately, and we've had to search for open seats.
I love our pastor and how down to earth and relatable he is, and I think a lot of other people have found him and feel the same way.
So it was very ironic today that he mentioned that they are going to grow from just having one worship celebration to two. I love our church and have never really connected like this before, and I'm so happy it's growing and hope a lot more people in the community are able to join us and begin their own journey
.
About a year ago we decided to start "church shopping" and visited several before finding this one, and I'm so glad we didn't give up. I've gotten involved in small groups for the first time and feel like I've found a group of people I could become close with. In fact just today the pastor's wife invited us to her son's birthday party in March.
We're also starting a new 6 week study that I'm looking forward to and I think it's great for where I am on my journey. It's all about exploring our perceptions of Jesus and learning more about him. I'm sure I'll be sharing more as I get into it this week.
After church we went to Applebees to use a gift card I received for Christmas. The food was great and so were the kids. And you all know how rare that is to have both things happen in the same restaurant outing.
We came home and Gina took a nap and we just all relaxed.
We had a showing on our house tonight, which worked out well because we needed to go to the grocery store anyway. Usually I feel like showings are just a huge inconvenience.
For those of you that don't know, selling our house has been a huge deal for us and an emotional journey of both ups and downs. We are living in the house I grew up in all my life, but for lots of reasons, we have decided to downsize for a while and will be moving to an apartment in the next several months.
So anyway, we're home from the grocery store now and I'm exhausted. It's been a productive weekend, but I'm just tired. Between all of lifes everyday stuff, house showings and preparing to move there is never a shortage of things to do....just a shortage of the motivation to get them all done.
And with that I'm going to go relax and spend some time with the family before putting the kids to sleep. I know everything that needs to be done will wait.
Hope you all have had a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have lots on your plate and so I'm rejoicing that you have found a small group that are believers to learn how awesome Christ Jesus is! Bask in His love and receive the TRUTHS that match to His word....you will be so blessed for having done so.
Post a Comment