First, let me set your minds at ease and reassure you that we have not added on to the wildlife at our house. Thank goodness!
I get up early every morning not because I'm a morning person (at ALL), but because I have two young children who haven't caught on to that fact yet. Well today, I decided to get a shower and get out and about early.
I had to go to a local discount store to make a return and was looking for some cheap decorative items. The Nester has really inspired me lately and I wanted to find some good deals to decorate our apartment with once we move.
I found a shower curtain that I really liked and got a matching bath mat PLUS a pair of sunglasses for Myles for less than 10 bucks. Mmm..hmmm!
I thought I was so cool until I got to the car to admire the curtain and saw it was instead a pair of window treatments.
I almost went back in to return them, but the hassle of getting the kids unbuckled, going back out in the cold and waiting in line to make a return didn't seem worth the 2.99 I had paid. Plus, I figure I might be able to use them somewhere. Maybe.
After that we went to Target cause I had to get diapers. And I question myself everytime I do so if the good deal I get on their diapers is worth the extra trip and what is sure to be at least a couple extra things thrown in the cart. But anyway.
And then....we went back to Chuck E. Cheese to use the remainder of the tokens we had from a couple of weeks ago. And you know what?? We were the ONLY ONES THERE.
That place is actually a lot of fun when you can see your children and hear yourself think.
Myles got a ton of tickets thanks to mommy getting the bonus on a few games. Yes, I played too.
And for those over 300 tickets he got a squishy little lizard that is probably worth about a buck. But that's alright....he loves putting the tickets in that redemption machine they have.
We then went to Burger King, where they made the kid's sandwhiches incorrectly. Not only did they remake them, they told us just to keep the 'wrong' ones, which were actually just missing cheese and they didn't even notice. Myles was so happy we ate inside instead of just driving through.
And after that we went to a local thrift store trying to find some more good buys. Myles found a pair of "hiking boots" that he LOVES and since Monday's are an extra 25% off everything day I caved in. Although I still think they were over priced. But his joy from receiving them has made it more than worth it.
We headed home to let Gina take a nap, I just did some laundry, and in a couple of hours we have another showing.
I can't believe how much we've accomplished this weekend. I've tried to implement a better plan for myself to get certain chores done, and it has made a huge difference and freed up a lot of time for my long weekends, which I now can enjoy with the kids.
Too bad I have to go back to work tomorrow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Look at you! I've been trying to do that same thing, except we were SO busy this weekend that I did nothing. Doesn't it suck how work gets in the way of our progress! Grrr
Ally - I came here by way of another blog. You have the most adorable children! What little beauties they are... I enjoy your posts. You seem to have a great little family and you obviously love the Lord!
In Him
Beth
Post a Comment