Friday, January 2, 2009

Our day

We are trying to stay busy to keep the boredom from sitting in on this long break. Derrick had to work yestesrday and then watched the UC game with some friends, so the kids and I needed to entertain ourselves for the majority of the day.
We ran some erronds early in the day, which didn't go so well. However, after coming home to a long talk, some lunch, and a nap, we decided to venture out again.
We headed to the mall and had a great time. The kids were able to play in the play area they have and they both rode the train that's still there (although Gina wasn't thrilled with that). They made good enough choices to earn a treat....and we got two new additions to the family.
Rosie and Rudie (short for Rudolph), two matching bears they made. They each picked out a little outfit for their bear to be able to tell them apart. Myles loves his, Gina isn't too sure. She's asked me to bring it back several times. But, once she discovered that Rosie's dress comes off, she's had a ball dressing and undressing her and carrying her around in her doll carrier.
And, Gina gave us an extended little gift this morning when she slept until 8:00. Although, now that she's up, I know why...she has a cold and is complaining her ear hurts. You win some, you lose some, right?
Derrick is off today so we are planning on spending some family time together, and then I'm getting together with some friends this evening.
This has been a much better almost week off than I was fearing it may be. I was about ready to commit myself after Christmas break, but I think we're finally finding our groove now.
Just in time to head back to work, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very eventful day but things worked out for the best, as they usually do?