Monday, November 17, 2008

Myles at the dentist

I am so proud of my big boy! He had to go today to get two cavities filled. I was so nervous and didn't know how he'd respond, especially cause they were giving him laughing gas.
We just didn't say anything about it as we didn't want to worry him.
They gave him the laughing gas and novacaine and he did so well. He didn't move or even flinch. I've never had laughing gas before, but after seeing his reaction, I may ask for it next time. lol He just watched tv the whole time (wonder pets) and I thought he was going to fall asleep at one point.
He did get a little scared and start crying as we were leaving because his mouth was so numb and it freaked him out a little, but we ran by Dollar General on the way home, and that made everything all better.
I was afraid he was going to bite his lips/cheek because he kept playing with it, but he did well.
They even let him keep his little pink "nose" they administered the gas through, and he's so proud of it. He's such a big boy now, but he looked so little in that dentist chair. I know I was so much more nervous than he was. My stomach was a wreck.

Unfortunately next week it's my turn...well, turn 1 of 3 that is. It'll take 3 visits to get all of mine filled. :(
But hey, maybe a little laughing gas and some Wonder Pets will make me that happy too. lol

Anyway, it's cold here and we even had snow flurries today. I'm off to bed for an early night so I can warm up under the covers, and Derrick is already there. He has to be in Madeira at 4:30 in the morning. Yuck.

Have a good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Myles WAS quite the little man yesterday! I can remember when I had laughing gas when I was about his age and dreamt someone kept throwing me up in the air and catching me. I was not concerned though.

Good luck with your dental visit!

Anonymous said...

I keep getting Photobucket in the middle of your blog???

Any~hoo.... I have never had laughing gas ~ wondering what it must be like? Especially if you're a child. Quentin had it and I remember it was a strange conversation we had afterward. I think he's like his momma on medication ~~ anyone remember when I got put on medicine when contractions started in my 3rd month with Lauren.... I saw a spaceship land in my bedroom and began making random calls to folks!!! :) I'm sure Myles was a hoot too.

Anonymous said...

I aaaaaalways get laughing gas for any procedure. It helps soooo much!! I highly recommend it! I'm glad Myles did so well!