I'm so filled with Joy today. Through the help of donations at work and a generous company match, we raised a total of 270 dollars for Turkey Donations for our church. I'm so excited. I had no idea it'd turn out so big, and am just tickled pink.
It's amazing how doing something like this and reaching out makes you feel. I just love it.
I'm planning on going to get my hair done today, which only makes it even better. I love hair day.
Plus, I found a pair of jeans for Myles at a consignment store today and they look skinny enough to fit him. Yay!
It's the little things in life, ya know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So happy for you that you were successful in raising so much money to benefit some folks this Thanksgiving. Sounds like you must work for a good & very generous company to provide a matching gift! :)
Have a wonderful weekend....
Good for you, Allyson! Can I get a job at this company? It sounds like the owner is very caring and likes to give back!?(smile)
At church yesterday, the priest mentioned that a lot of the elderly live on fixed incomes and rely on investments to live. A lot of the older folk are not buying anything but the very basics...food, etc. because they cannot earn extra income by working. Some of them are even asking for financial help.
So sad to know these folks worked for years to save. They are now praying that things turn around as some of them have lost a lot of money with their 'safe' investments.
Father O'Brien was saying that we cannot tell by looking at someone if they are in need. These are not the people you see standing on the corner with a cup in their hands asking for money. They could be your mom or dad, brother or sister, or grandparents. Makes one think, eh?
So sad BUT together we can help each other and it does make us feel SO good.
I know when the hurricanes came through Florida a couple of years ago, we all banded together and supported each other.
We all learned how important it is to love each other and support each other through the good times and the bad times.
Maybe with today's economy it is a kick in the rear for us to all love each other and get back to the basics?
Post a Comment