The kids and I have all been suffering from allergies for the past week or so, and I'm happy to say that today I'm finally feeling a little better. It's been awful and making me miserable.
Myles has been doing great with his reward chart and things seem much calmer and less stressful in the Lawary household.
We had bought a package of balloons for Gina's birthday and he has since learned how to blow up a balloon all on his own. It's like his favorite toy now! (I guess I shoudln't mention that he also figured out that if you blow it up and let it go it will fly around the room, huh?)
Gina is still learning new words and new meanings for her existing words. I'm proud to say that today she pointed at Derrick's shoes on the floor and said "UP!!" and pointed to the closet. Uh, huh, that's my girl!!
She also knows "uh-oh" which is really cute, and is learning the word for balloon (since they often go flying past her). She is starting to call the dogs by names, in her own way. Max and Myles are "Ma" and My", she doesn't say much about Sophie.
She has also begun to love coloring. She's so funny laying on the floor on her belly with her feet up like a big kid.
Derrick is still in the training portion of his new job, but absolutely loving everything about it. It's been such a positive change for us.
And I never feel like I have exciting updates about myself. I do have a Beth Moore bible study meeting tonight, but I think I'll be missing it so the kids and I can catch up on our sleep. It's just been the normal routine for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Allyson,
I am glad you are feeling better! It is hard to believe how much Gina is changing and learning so much!
Myles is definitely maturing, too, and getting a handle on his emotions.
I miss you all terribly!
See you in December!
Post a Comment