Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Still doing our happy dance!

We're still so excited that
DERRICK GOT A JOB!!!!

YAY!!


Things have been a little hectic here with lots going on. I was too nervous to update or even say anything all week last week. We knew it was getting close and I think I wanted it even more than Derrick, if that's possible.

We had our second meeting for our Bible Study last week, and I also had a great talk with our pastor. It was totally unplanned, but very helpful and very cool the way it came about. I think God set it up for us. I ended up missing a big portion of the meeting, but I think it was worth it.
We have our third meeting tomorrow.
Myles finally goes back to school tomorrow after the strong wind storm we had here knocked out everyone's power for so long.

We feel a huge sense of relief, and I am slowly starting to see the plan God has layed out for us. This was the first big piece of the puzzle, and now we can start putting the rest of it together. Slowly but surely we're changing our entire lives for the better.

It's been a long day and night though, and I am ready for bed. Hope you all had a good day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allyson,

I can imagine what a weight lifted off your shoulders it must be with Derrick getting a job!

I wish you and your family the best and many less stressful days!

I agree things have a way of falling into place.

God has a plan for all of us, as you know.

Anonymous said...

Allyson,
Yippeee! I am so happy for all of you. I know that Derrick and you are so relieved. What is the job, if I may ask?
I always know God has a plan for my life-it is just my inability to see it or to follow His path that messes me up. Hang in there-you are special to God and all of us in your family.
Love,
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo!!! We are all SO glad for you. Can't wait to hear more about his new job opportunity. Love to you....

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I clicked on your little icon (?) by your name and brought up your other blog.

It was very insightful and thought provoking. I know you mentioned to me that you would help me set up my blog. I WILL take you up on that but I am now focusing on learning how to use my new camera and new cell phone! I don't want my brain to go into overload!?

Dad and I keep joking that the 'kids' (and 'grandkids') would figure this all out really fast without readig and re-reading the manuals! (Know what I mean Marilyn)?

Take care and thanks for starting the day on an up note.

Anonymous said...

Marilyn,
It's with Brueggers Bagels. He'll be a District Manager. He starts this Wednesday, the 24th. He'll also continue to work for Kopco part time.
PS....have you gotten the emails I've sent you?? Maybe I have the wrong address?