We're looking forward to the weekend! Derrick is home with the kids today for what could be their last day of "boy time" (with only cute little girls welcome to join them) as he starts his job this Wednesday. After that he'll most likely be off on Sunday's and Monday's, so the kids will start going to the sitters all 4 days (Tues-Fri).
He was going to take them to the zoo, but I think I made him nervous with all my questions regarding his preparedness to do that. I think instead he has decided to take them to Cincinnati Mills where they get to play in the playland, and then they go to the movie theater and Myles plays a few of the games inside. Myles loves it and looks forward to it all week. He collects quarters all week and keeps them in a wallet, and this morning he made sure he asked me where his wallet is...he knows what the day has in store for him!
Plus, I got a fully cooked breakfast before I left! While I do frozen french toast or pancakes for breakfast (if even that) when I have the kids, Derrick always cooks. Eggs, bacon and toast! But usually it's long after I'm gone and I miss out.
But, since Myles found my phone this morning at 5 am and figured out how to use the speed dial function, he called Derrick and my mom to see if they were up. (Sorry mom)! So, Derrick got up early and started cooking, and I got to join them! And I left just in time....just as the kids were starting to fuss at each other!
I think little boys come preprogrammed to know how to irritate the heck out of their sisters. It's amazing.
The other day I got all over Myles for pestering Gina, and Derrick asked why I was being so harsh with him. I told him I was determined to protect her from the big brother harassment! lol He does things just to annoy her, and he does a good job at it.
That being said, maybe Derrick is getting off lucky by not watching them one day a week. !!! :)
So now I'm at work and it is S L O W!!!! No one is here. There's just a few of us, and I already know it's going to be a long day!!!
Tomorrow we have a showing on our house (yay!), and then I'm not sure what we'll do. But we're trying to squeeze in as much family time as we can as once Derrick starts his new job he'll be working 70 hours a week!
Hope you are all having a good friday!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like your day is off to a good start! Isn' it funny how little kids really like the 'simple' things in life?! Like going to play!
Sorry to hear things are slow at Kopco. With the state of the economy, we need to keep those orders coming in and presses running or we will ALL be looking for a job!
Love to "catch up with you" here. Hope Friday turned out great! And, I hope that today's showing went really well!!! Happy Weekend!!!
Post a Comment