I know I'm not the only one that has noticed that this restaurant is ALWAYS crowded. No matter when you go. So it has to be good, right?
I received a gift certificate at work a few months back to go. Derrick and I decided that we would hold on to it until he got a job, and then we would go together and celebrate. Without the kids.
BUT, you all know me too well for that, right?
We did wait until he had a job, but...I pushed him into going last Friday...the day we found out. And, it was awful. Really. We waited forever, got a terrible server, and then waited forever again for our food. When it did come it was all hard, overcooked and just gross. Even Gina pushed it away and said yuck. You know it's bad when she won't even eat it. She's like Mikey. She'll eat anything.
The manager ended up comping our entire meal (well, minus my Wallabe Darned...but that was so good it was okay). So, we still had the gift certificate to use. So, tonight I pushed Derrick into going again and just choosing a different location. So we went to the one in Northagte instead.
It started out good. No wait, great server. But then Gina's diaper leaked. Why does this ONLY happen in public and never at home? I mean really?? So I sent Derrick out to the car for the diaper bag (at least we had it) and took Gna to the bathroom , with Myles tagging along. Of course.
So we get in the bathroom and everything goes pitch black. No one seems to notice but me, and Myles and I'm wondering why no one else seems to notice. Isn't that a pretty big thing??
So we finish up our business in the dark (good time) and go out to the restaurant. They have lost power. Seriously folks.
At this point we only have our drinks and the bloomin Onion. (And I didn't even get my Wallabe Darned this time!!!) All of the other servers are just telling their tables that they can leave...even the ones sthat have clearly eated and were ready to pay. But not our server. She was no where to be found. When we do find her she tells me she'll manually add up the bill and be back to us. ???? Seriously? for a Coke Myles spilled on the way to the bathroom, and a glass of water and an appetizer we didn't get to eat)SO I told her we had a gift card, could she even ring it up? She said if they couldn't she could manually take down the information and then ring it in when the power did come up.
Honestly.
So the rest of the story is between me, Derrick and God, and I will just leave the ended up to your imagination so it's not in writing. lol
Anyone want a 44 dollar gift card to Outback??? (yes, my drink cost 6 dollars, and I'd do it again!!!) (And yes, I do still have it for the full amount minus the drink I got the first time).
Guess that kind of gives away the ending, huh? lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Larry and I have always had rotten luck at this restaurant. I don't know why it is always so crowded-I've had better meals at Frischs!
Marilyn
Post a Comment