Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What a day and TMJ

We had a hectic day yesterday. Myles and I had dentist appointments together. Loads of fun there, huh?
He actually did really well. Got right in the chair and was an AWESOME patient. I was a proud mom. Unfortunately, he does have two cavities. How embarassing. She did tell me though that we could not have prevented them, it is just his anatomy and the way his teeth are. That made me feel slightly better.
Me on the other hand? I'm sure I set o record of some sort, but not the kind you want to set. I have a mouth FULL of cavities. None can be sen or felt yet, they are all in between my teeth. And it's from not flossing. I'm sorry, but I HATE flossing. BUT, the fact I now have an 1800 dollar dental bill heading my way when I get this work done may be just what I need to change my mind about that. Thank GOD Derrick's job offers dental insurance. That will help. But when you need to make three appointments to go back and get fillings done, it is NOT a good sign.
ANd, my TMJ has ben bothering me a lot lately. I didn't even know I hsad it until a few years ago, but I've bee having a lot of jaw pain and getting a lot of headaches lately. Not cool. And "opening wide" for 45 minutes while my teeth were being cleaned did not help. She did give me a couple of suggestions, but basically said I'd just need to see someone that specializes in that area as it can be very complicated.
I don't know why it hasn't bothered me until recently, but maybe it';s like everything in life. Once you start getting older everything hurts worse. lol
Mom... Dad....which one of you can I blame bad teeth and TMJ on?? Just kidding!!!
After that Derrick and I had a few erronds to run. It was torture. I wonder if I left one of my kids out in public one day if they'd know how to find their way home. Oh wait. Did I just say that??
Goodness gracious they can drive me crazy though. I love them dearly, but they are like oil and water. They do not mix. Separately they are the best kids you could hope to meet. Together?? Together they get left with their daddy a lot while I go to a different part of the store and act like I don't know any of them! lol
If I could just get Gina to stop shouting mommy every time she sees me I might be able to pull it off. The little rascal.
AS soon as we got home Derrick had to go to work. By the time I got dinner and laundry done I had HAD it. That was the kind of day you need to go look at them while they are sleeping and seem so cute and peaceful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great reminder.... I just flossed! Even though it's late and I wanted to skip it.... :)

I'm sorry for your cavities.... YUCK! :(

Anonymous said...

I don't know if the Kopp family is to blame, but I think I have a filling or crown on every tooth in my head. By far the most expensive part of my body!
Get the work done and count it as a learning experience. Do check about the TMJ-I've had other friends with it and it does not get better on its own. I think stress may have something to do with it! Hummm....
Love ya,
Marilyn