Thursday, September 4, 2008

First night of bible study

I joined a Beth Moore bible study through church, and tonight was the first night. It went well, and I think I'll like it and get a lot out of it. It's about 18 or 19 people, so bigger than I thought.
I ended up having to leave early though because Gina drank too much before we left and totally flooded her diaper and I didn't have one with me. Poor planner, I know. I didn't miss too much though.
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better, learning more, and growing closer to God.
It's my first small group experience, so I'm just proud of myself for stepping outside of my comfort zone.

I have to say that God has been really good to us. I've already learned and grown so much as a person, as a christian, and as a wife and mother. We're not even totally "out of" our situation yet, but I already know that we were meant to go trough it and I'm so happy we have. I already know things will be so much better for us and it will forever have a positive impact on my life. We received a huge blessing yesterday, and it just proved what I alreay know. That the things that are meant to happen will and that they happen when they are supposed to. I am a better, more confident, more wise, more peaceful, more faithful person, and that is worth everything we've gone through and more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's not the Fruits of the Spirit study is it??? That is what I had in mind for us lol!! I hope it is and I hope it turns out fabulously!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled and proud of you that you are reaching out and meeting new people. It will be SO good for you and your family!

It sounds just like a very rewarding experience for you right now!

Anonymous said...

So thrilled for you to be in your very first study! This will be so awesome. Can't wait to hear more about it!!!!