We went to the zoo yesterday and really enjoyed it. We haven't been able to go like we would like to.
It was the first time that Myles was able to walk the whole thing, so being a mommy, I realized how big he's getting.
It was so much fun as he was actually interested in the animals, really wanted to see them and know about them.
Everything was good until the end when we exited the front of the zoo and walked down to the parking lot before we remembered we actually parked in the back of the zoo. Ugh.
So we walked all the way around. Myles ended up in the stroller and Gina on our shoulders. That's a long walk. Especially when you're hot and tired and the kid's cups have long since been empty. Whew. We really need to plan these things better.
But we had such a fun family weekend between Parky's Farm, the zoo, and Harbin Park. We're trying to spend as much time together as we can as Derrick is getting a second job that will have him working all weekend, so we won't see much of him since he already works nights. But we all had a good time and made a lot of memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, I love our zoo!!! What a great family treat. I remember the big day we went without Quentin's stroller. Then, the big day we went without Lauren's! Time just flies by doesn't it. Did Myles and Gina like the new Giraffe exhibit?
Sounds like you have the same directional skills as I do. I can remember when I took you and Tim to the zoo and pulled you both in the wagon.
Our treat was picknicking with pbj sandwiches for you both and tuna for me.
We went with Cathy, Debbie and Sharon Longerman. Remember those days?
Post a Comment