This song was sung at church today and it really touched me. I thought I'd share the lyrics with you all. It's never the same to read them as it is to hear them beautifully sung, but hopefully you get the gist.
I will wait for you, Jesus
You're the sun in my horizon
All my hopes in you, Jesus
I can see you now arising
(repeat)
There's a wall that stands in front of me
That I know I just can't climb
And like an eagle you will carry me
Its just a matter of the time
I will wait for you, Jesus
You're the son in my horizon
All my hopes in you, Jesus
I can see you now arising
Evil armies all around me
I believe in the word that promises me
So I will wait another day
I will wait for you, Jesus
You're the son in my horizon
All my hopes in you, Jesus
I can see you now arising
(repeat)
I will wait for you
Oh I will wait for you
Oh the doubt may try to come in
The disillusions may try to come in
I believe oh Lord (x3)
In the word that you promised (x3)
I believe it will not end
I believe it will not go
I will wait for you, Jesus
You're the son in my horizon
All my hopes in you, Jesus
I can see you now arising
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Beautiful Song... I hadn't heard it before, so I googled it and found it on You Tube = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmmgss9sfo&feature=related
If you put it in a new post in the HTML mode, it will post to your blog to view.... The video is a bit cheesey, but what a powerful song! Thanks for sharing it today.... I will look forward to enjoying this in my quiet time with Him later....
Ally,
I have just gotten back to reading your blog and catching up. You wrote about everything being so complicated and busy. This is one of my besetting sins. I am reading a book now called "Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy DeMoss." There is much I like in the book and much I disagree with, but this is one gem I have taken to heart.
She says the number one complaint women express to her is not enough time to get things done. Let me quote:
"The Lord Jesus Himself was only given a few short years to accomplish the entire plan of redemption. Talk about a long to do list! Yet,at the end of His life, Jesus was able to say, "I have glorified Thee on earth: I have finished the work which Thou gavest me to do." Jesus didn't finish eveerything his disciples wanted Him to do. He didn't finish what the multitudes wanted Him to do. But He did finish the work God gave Him to do. The frustration comes when I attempt to take on responsibilities that are not on His agenda for me. When I establish my own agenda for my life or let others determine the priorities in my life, rather than taking time to discern what God wants me to do, I end up buried under piles of half-finished, poorly done, or never attempted projects and tasks. I live with guilt, frustratiion and haste, rather than enjoying the peaceful, well-ordered life He intends. We have bought into the lie that we are supposed to "do it all" No woman can wear all the hats (motherhood, wife, working woman)effectively, at the same time. Sooner or later someone or something is going to suffer. Frustration is the by-product of attempting to fulfill responsibilities God does not intend for us to carry. I can not live my life independent from God-that is what Satan wants me to do. I must spend time with Him each day and let Him set the priorities for my day."
I ran alot of her thoughts together, but I think you get the idea. I hope it makes sense to you.
Marilyn
Marilyn, thank you for that message. So powerful and so true. I pray to seek His will for my day EACH morning. Yet, more often than not live by my flesh desires instead. I do not know why. It never works out. We are made to be His followers. We are not capable of doing this life in the way we were created to do it without Him. Thanks for the great message & timely reminder. Love, Kim
Thank you, Allyson, for sharing this powerful song at just the right time! Spending time in the mountains has forced me to slow down and reflect...which those of you that know me know it is hard to do! (smile)
I am trying to redirect and refocus on my life and make some serious new changes. Change is hard but change can be good? Sometimes I think one has to make choices that may not be popular with others? Ask any child about that?
Thanks for sharing, caring and being YOU, Ally!
YOU are AMAZING! Dad and I are SOOOOO proud!
Love,
Mom
P.S. Thanks Marilyn for the recommendation of the book. I will look forward to reading it.
Ally that is such a beautiful song!!! I hadn't heard it before; thank you kim for the youtube address!
I miss you Ally...and I've still yet to mail a package to you that has been ready to go since JUNE!!! I'm so horrible when it comes to getting to the post office!!!
Post a Comment