Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So I have an addiction

I guess the first step is admitting it, right?

It started a couple of months ago when I saw something I hadn't seen in years. I was curious. I decided to purchase some and see if they tasted the same.
They did.
Then I started wanting them more often.
Now I'm making sneaky purchases and hiding it from the kids.
But they caught me. And now they want some.
And I don't want to share.
Most people think it's so gross, and it is, but I can't help it.

I love these things and need to have them on a regular basis.
When I couldn't find them at my regular "spot" this week and I got a little panicky, I knew I had a problem.

Think there's any type of support group for weaning yourself off these??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't thought of circus peanuts since I was a little girl. Grandpop loved them so Nini kept them in a sealed candy dish so they wouldn't go stale. He and I would sit in the den and snack on them.

And, my personal addiction which I had to give up before I had to find new clothes sizes was peanut butter m&m's ~ and yes, I hid them from my children.

Anonymous said...

I remember how you loved those circus peanuts! As for me, give me semi sweet chocolate!