Saturday, August 16, 2008

An awesome day at Parky's Farm

We all went to Parky's Farm tody, for the first time this summer. It was so much fun.
Myles got to ride a pony, which he loved and had no problems with. Not scared at all and didn't want us walking with him. What a change from previous summers!
We then went to the playbarn and he was diving in the ball pit, going down the slides, climing on everything, etc. Again, what a change from when he was TERRIFIED of the ball pit!
There is a wooden ramp in part of the playbarn that held Gina's attention the whole time. She just kept walking down it and then back up, and was so proud. She likes doing silly things like that...stepping from the curb to the ground, up and down steps, etc. She even got in the ball pit. She wasn't real sure at first, but she stayed in until it got too rambunctious in there for her.
We also went to the petting zoo area. Myles got to feed a goat and brush several of them. He also pet a sheep and a bunny rabbit. So did Gina. It was funny to see how she reacted to the different feeling of their coats. Myles really liked it and had such a good time. He even wanted to go back to the playbarn to go through this "carrot maze" they had, which is something he wouldn't have even considered not long ago.
And what cracked me up is, the last time we were there was for Halloween, when they have a big event. Well, as part of that, they did a magic show. AS we were pulling up to Parky's Farm Myles asked if he could go see the magic show again. I couldn't believe he recognized the place and remembered that...shoot, I had almost forgotten about it!
Myles really wanted to ride the wagon, but we told him a little white lie, and told him that today it was just for adults but we'd come back on a kid day and do that. He's already asking to go back tomorrow!
It was a fun day! Once I'm able to upload pictures at work I'll share some of them with you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! I remember when I went to Parky's Farm with you!

Myles is becoming quite the young man when it comes to trying new things!

Gina is growing and changing so, too. I can't wait to see all of you in October!

Anonymous said...

We haven't been to Parky's Farm since Quentin was a baby.... we'll have to take all 4 kiddos together soon. I'm bummed the cool weather is leaving though.... it's much nicer with highs in the upper 70's/low 80's! Glad you had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Awww that sounds like so much fun!!! I'm so glad Myles enjoyed himself so much and is experiencing new things and is being really brave!!!