When Derrick and I were headed to the grocery store over the weekend, I saw a church sign that read...
God will always do his part.
But you have to do yours first.
I loved that. It put into words what I already knew, but in simple, down-to-earth terms that summarize it so well.
It was really comforting to me, because it gave me the opportunity to realize that Derrick and I ARE doing our part to make significant changes in our life, and that the rest is up to God and will happen when it's meant to happen.
We can't just sit back and think God is going to work miracles in ourlife if we do nothing for ourselves.
Derrick has several things "in the works" in terms of the job hunt, and that contines to give us hope. He's been staying so busy and working so hard that we know it's just a matter of timing. Already, as he's continued the interviewing process, we've realized that we are glad certain job offers didn't come through. I know he won't get an offer until it's the right one, and then I know everything will make sense.
Same thing applies to the house. I sometimes wonder if it will sell, how things will work out, etc. BUT I am so comforted by the fact that I can RELAX. I know that we have done our part by finding a real estate agent, getting it cleaned up and decluttered, etc, and that now it's up to God. We have done the work that will allow the right outcome to occur. There's not much more we can do. It's up to God and if it's meant to happen it will. We did have an investor put in a (ridiculously low) offer on the house, and have another showing scheduled. I know what happens is what is meant to happen, and that gives me great peace.
I begin to realize more each day that these short term trials are teaching us life long lessons and we are only going to be better off for having gone through them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looking forward to all that you are about to accomplish! Go Girl Go! ~Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.~ (Colossians 3:23)
Isn't it interesting that God can give you such peace when you know you have done everyting that you possibly can. Now it is up to Him. I am learning more and more that it is only through suffering and trials that I grow. Most importantly, I know whatever troubles come have been sifted through the loving fingers of God. As long as I am His, nothing can touch me without His permission. God will take care of you and your family.
Marilyn
Post a Comment