We've accomplished quite a bit this weekend. Derrick and I spent several hours yesterday making changes (hopefully improvements) to his resume and applying to millions more places online. For those of you that know Derrick, you know he isn't that computer savvy, and our ancient computer isn't the best to learn on, so he's been doing really well. I've heard that with today's job market, unemployment rate and economy the average time to find a job is 6 months. Please God, let us be better than average. If only he were going for an entry level position, things would be so much easier. Companies just don't want to/can't afford to pay people anymore, so they end up looking for people with no experience. We are so ready to accept a position (pretty much any position), we just need to be patient. I know the right thing is out there, and I really think it'll be soon, but it's just unnerving to go through the process.
We've also been doing more cleaning/purging of stuff in preparation for a real estate agent that's coming over tomorrow. We found two people that specialize in an area that I think can really help us, so we're interested to hear what the first has to say tomorrow.
Right after Myles had a long conversation with my mom and dad tonight, he was running down the hallway to show me how fast he could go. His stopping point was the linen closet at the end of our hallway, and as he ran into it as a finish line, he got his pinky pinched in the crack where it opens. I felt so bad becasue I've done that and know how bad it hurts. It immediately bruised up and started bleeding, so he's been sporting a band aid tonight. It's amazing how fascinated kids are with bandaids.
But that incident led to a funny moment. Myles had no idea your small finger was called a "pinky". He got so frustrated with me, saying "It's not my pinky, it's my FINGER". So I explained to him what a pinky was and that everyone had one. And in true Myles fashion, he thinks for a minute and said "well, horses don't have pinky's".
Yes, Myles, you're right. They don't. Wow. To just be inside that little head for a while to see how it operates. lol
So after we got him bandanged up, we were able to use a much appreciated gift I received at work to go out to dinner, which we really enjoyed. We went to Max and Erma's and I was so proud of the kids and how well behaved they were. They both ate well (well, there's not been an occassion yet that Gina *doesn't* eat well), so Myles got the build your own sundae for dessert. I was laughing to myself as I helped him make it thinking that sometimes he's lucky to have me for a mom. :)
Turns out the weirdo just wanted a handful of chewy sweattarts, so mommy got free dessert. Yum.
Now Derrick is out working in the yard and then has his work cut out for him in the basement, and I'm going to go RELAX. It's been a long day, and I'm getting up early to go into work tomorrow for a half day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor little Myles with his finger....ouch! I am praying, too, that everything turns around for you and your family fast! I can just envision you and your family at Max and Ermas and the sundae bar.
I too have been on an organizational kick recently & must say it feels GOOD! I think getting rid of "junk" and straightening up what's left gives you such a clearer mind. Plus, when it's done you feel like you've accomplished something. The kids and I actually assembled shelves for the laundry room and attached a rack to our pantry door for spices. We are women hear us roar! :) Keep going sister!
Post a Comment