We all went to the Y today so Myles could show daddy how well he's been "swimming". He'll put his whole head under water, try to float on his back, jump off the side, etc. And to think he'd barely step foot in a pool when we went to FL in March.
He actually sort of swam a little bit. It wasn't pretty and it's not like he's doing laps, but he actually floated on his belly while kicking his feet and moving his arms and made it a few feet. He did that several times. He was so proud of himself and I was so proud of him!! Derrick was amazed as he hasn't seem him in the water much lately.
He's been taking swim lessons and I think they've really helped his confidence. And Gina...that girl is a dare devil. I think she'd just keep waling until the water went over her head if I wasn't there with her. She went down the steps, jumped to me, and back up over and over and over again. She's so much more relaxed and free spirited about trying new things.
And the best part? Swimming makes them tired. lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had the pleasure of seeing Myles swim when I was in Cincinnati at Bryan's pool! He was JUMPING off the side of the pool...very brave! I agree he has come a long way. As for Gina, I agree she is a dare devil!
Myles did awesome at Lauren's birthday party!!! Go Myles GO!!!! By next year - he and Gina will be swimming like fish!
Post a Comment