Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So now that it's been almost a month...

I guess it's time for an update. :)
Problem is, so much time has passesd I don't even know what to say. I feel like nothing much has changed.
Let's see...we had a busy "medical month" in July with the kids and I all getting random things. Gina had croup, Myles had what I thought was an eye infection but turned out to just be a stye, and I had an infection as well. I've visited the Walgreens Take Care Clinics a little too often at this point!!
Derrick is still job searching. He's getting close with one particular company, but I'm staying cautiously optimistic and just putting my faith in God. I know the right thing will happen at the right time...and if this isn't it, I truly feel like it'll happen soon. Just continue to pray for us on that front.
We visited another new church this past week...that makes number 4 so far. Does that mean we are really picky? I liked this one though. It was much more racially diverse, which made us both more comfortable, and it was just a very laid back, down to earth environment that we both connected with. It still has a few "downsides", but I think I've been looking for the "perfect fit". If I could just take bits and pieces of each of the churches we've visited and combine them, it'd be great. :)

Myles is in swim lessons and having a great time. He's so much more relaxed than last year. And it works out perfectly because Cindy takes him and Cheyenne at the same time on Tuesday mornings, so I don't even have to go. (That sounds bad, doesn't it??) But he will finally put his whole head under, and they are working on floating. When I take him to the pool he mainly just likes to play, but he's not so scared anymore. He loves having fun in the waterpark and standing under the buckets as they fill with water just to overturn on his head. Something he'd have NEVER done before.

Cindy is having surgery Aug. 8th on her shoulder, so we're currently trying to find someome to watch the kids for that day and the following week. It's times like this I really hate being a working mom. Especially since I don't have any vacation time left.

Well, I think that's about it for now. I will try to get back in the habit of updating this several times a week. I've missed it, and missed staying in touch with everyone.

Have a good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ally,

My bible study just left and I am a little loopy now that it's 1am, but I am also wired.... so, it's the perfect time to check in here & catch up!

What church did you visit? "Church shopping" is so challenging. I know God wants you in a great community though and will guide you to it. I'm so excited for you for not giving up. We've been home for well over a year and have JUST settled into our new home church..... In HYDE PARK! :)

Thanks for catching us up via the blog.... Good stuff!!!

Love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Ally,

I love the fact that you updated the blog. I was feeling 'left out'. BTW Myles phone call last night was SOOOO cute...."Will you come play with my toys with me?"
Then he says "I burped sorry". Times like these I really miss not being in Cincinnati. Maybe some day? When Myles gets a bit older maybe he can come and spend a couple of weeks in Naples with us....like you did with Aunt Vickey and Uncle Bill!

I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I believe in guardian angels, as you know and I know your guardian angel is working overtime for you and your family!

Take care of yourself and each other and chat soon!

Love,
Mom