Well, we've got a lot done this week. We have two donation pick up's scheduled for later in the week to start picking up the baby clothes, toys, old furniture, etc. We've gotten rid of lots of trash, and we're really making progress. I've gone through all of our closets and the kitchen cabinets. This is definitely some serious spring cleaning!!!
I spent most of my evenings last week carrying things up from the basement and out to the garage, hence my absence. I'm glad that phase of it is over.
Derrick and I tried to carry up an old desk from the basement last night and about killed ourselves in the process. In hind sight, it was probably good material for America's Funniest Home videos, but at the time, I thought for sure one of us was gonna be laying on the ground being crushed by a heavy desk!! And the sad part is, we didn't even accomplish our mission. There was no way I was gonna be able to lift that thing all the way up.
Today we're both sore and bruised up from that little fiasco along with all the other work we've been doing.
Today was our meeting downtown with the IRS. I've definitely had more fun, less stressful afternoons, but all in all it went okay. At least the girl was nice and now we have it mainly behind us.
Although, true to form in "if we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all" category, now our air conditioner isn't working at the house or in Derrick's car and Derrick has a flat tire. It really does shock me how much stuff gets thrown at us sometimes. Maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I mean, I know everyone has "their stuff", but it really does seem like we get more than our fair share sometimes...or at least in too short of a time frame.
One of our neighbors brought down a couple of his grandson's old toys for Myles today and he is SO HAPPY. He is in love with his Little Tykes Couzy Coupe that looks like a police car. He's convinced he's a police man now! It was really cute until he refused to go to bed because he didn't want to stop playing with it.
Gina is doing well too. She's saying a few more words. Tonight she even put two words together: "Mommy, here". Although yesterday she was playing with Myles' toy computer and said "heya" (here) as she proceeded to bust my lip with it. I literally started crying. Man, that hurts. The inside of my lip is cut and it's swollen. Had she got my nose I know she would have broken it. Tonight she climbed up into my recliner, looked at me with that little coniving grin and said "mine". It's a good thing she's cute. Little rascal. She's so similar yet so different from Myles. She is a blanket cuddling, doll snuggling ,hand holding, loves to kiss girl that could make a grown man cry with her pouty lip "look through the eyelashes" look she gives you when she's upset. She is small but mighty and either doesn't know or doesn't care that she is the smallest and youngest child the sitter watches. If you were to ask her I'm sure she thinks she's in charge. Today when I went to pick her up she wanted to get down outside. Apparently she wanted to sit on the step and relax for a few minutes. She very slowly, and very cautiously started walking backwards with her butt sticking out, ready to sit. Instead of just turning around and looking, she'd try to sit, realize she was too far away and take a couple more slow steps backwards until her little booty hit the porch step. Then she sat down, clapped her hands and smiled. All was right in her world, and she gave Cindy and I quite a laugh. It must be in the genes to do everything the hard way. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Ally!
I'm SO excited for you getting SO much accomplished! Doesn't it feel so good? I know this is the work/un-fun part.... but, it's SO worthwhile! Go ALLY GO!!!
How is your daily quiet time going? I know when the busy work time comes, that's the first thing to go ~ bc it's the easiest to give up to make more time. I speak from experience and doing that way too often. I pray that you will not fall into the enemy's trap with that & that you will hold fast to that precious time when you meet with Jesus everyday.
Sending you lots of love & looking so forward to a lunchdate SOON!
Kim
Ally,
It was SO cute yesterday when Myles called and said "Gma I got me a police car with a microphone. Now hang up and call me on it", I tried to explain I did not think that would work but he repeated what he said again. Such a memorable moment for me! He is such a smartie and so charming!
As for Gina, yes she is the girly girl but can hang tough with the older ones. I guess she doesn't know how small she is!? I guess that is what one calls "Girl Power?"
Umm....about the desk....does the sliding door still work in the walkout basement? Might be an idea? Not so sure. It sounds like you have done a fantastic job of getting rid of some 'treasures' that have been around for a while!?
I bet you will have a hard time explaining your 'injury' by Gina.
Enjoy the little ones and the nice weather!
Keep me posted on the a.c.!
See you mid July!
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment