Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hey everyone!

It's funny how it sometimes seems like there is nothing going on, yet so much at the same time. Do you know what I mean? Maybe it's because what's "going on" isn't particulary fun or exciting, but it just keeps us busy.
We have 2 donation picks ups scheduled for the next two days. I'm looking forward to getting our garage back.
We have a real estate agent coming by this Monday. Kim, we called Larry Bebe and mentioned I got his name from you all. He was really nice and remembered you well. (I guess a bazillion moves will do that to a person) lol So, I'm looking forward to meeting with him and hearing what he has to say and getting this process started.
Greg, if it doesn't sell soon, we may be out for an extended visit in Arizona. :)
It's funny how the house looks so different with a few minor changes, and how clean it is now. It's a little sad to be leaving...heck, this is the only HOUSE I've ever lived in...but I know it's time. The biggest decisions in life aren't always the easiest to make, but having faith in God and knowing he'll lead us down the right path if we just listen for him helps.
Things seem to be slowing down a little for Derrick on the job hunt. He's still had sesveral interviews, but it just doens't seem like he's getting as many calls these days as he was at one point. So, we're trying to regroup and refocus.
Kim-I'm not perfect about my quiet time, but I have been doing a pretty darn good job. The weekends is when I tend to slack. During the week it's much easier for me to focus. Although I really need to get serious about WWG if I'm going to finish it. I really like it, and the story about his dog passing literally had me crying...are you to that point yet? I had to put it down and come back. The part when God said "He won't give me the ball". Please. Sob City.
Myles is having a really rough night tonight. He hasn't been this way in quite a while. I think it's because he went to bed last night. Ocassionally he just has nights where he just can't get to sleep...and we all pay for it the next day. So today he has no patience and everything is making him angry. But, I have little Gina in bed, so I'm going to go spend a little one-on-one time with him before I force his little self to fall asleep.
Hope you all have a good night.
Oh..and mom...the A/C people are coming tomorrow as well, so we'll finally cool down. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, first ~ I am NOT to the dog dying part and that makes me so sad... Now, I want to read like crazy to get to that point. It's a good book though and kinda makes up for my quiet time on days I don't get to it.

Larry Beebe better treat you well. I'm anxious to hear what you think of him. He's a good guy and should treat you well.

I'm so excited for you and for all the positive changes. As painful as this time has been and continues to be at times... Boy ~ it's producing some awesome fruit! And, hopefully feels totally worth it.

Tim and I are laying in bed having just gotten the kids to bed ~ VERY late.... and have read your comments on Derrick's job hunt. We're anxious to get caught up and are sorry to hear it isn't going so hot right now.

Looking forward to getting caught up....

Love you,
Kim and Tim

Anonymous said...

Whenever you're ready.

Anonymous said...

Ally,

As we always say "Change is hard but change can be good".

You and your family have been through a lot of adversity and changes but change can make us stronger, I think you might agree?

I am glad you are finding strength with reaching out to God, family and friends!

As far as Derrick's job hunt, as we have said it is a numbers game? The more interviews you have the greater the chances?

You are the best as far as making positive changes and hanging in there! We are SO proud of you!

Love,
Mom