Sunday, May 25, 2008

I sure am tired

considering I haven't really done anything. Don't you hate days like that when you're just exhausted for no good reason?
It's another beautiful day here today. We went to church and the kids both had a good time. Gina even walked right into her class to play with the other little girls, and Myles went to his room without even so much as a good bye. That is really a good feeling.
We then went and had a nutritious lunch at McDonalds. lol Myles and I went to Target to return yet another radio that I couldn't get to play K-Love at work. I just got diapers and wipes instead. Can't go wrong with those. Although I'm not so sure why I spend my Mother's Day present on stuff for the kids (besides a pedometer and some new make up I tried).
I was hoping we'd get more cleaning accomplished this weekend than what we have, but I'm having a hard time getting motivated. We really wanted to get a bunch of stuff cleaned up from the basement before the trash man picks up tomorrow, but we'll see. At the beginning of the week I need to call someone to come pick some of the toys and clothes up, but I guess first we have to get it all upstairs and out to the garage. That should be fun.
Derrick has a big interview on Tuesday that would be a great opportunity, so please keep your fingers and toes crossed and keep us in your prayers. We're really hoping June is the month for us.
Well, I hear Myles outside talking to the girls that live behind us that I don't like, and they are inviting themselves into our house. Gina is crying because I won't let her outside with out me, so I better run.
Hope you're all having a good day! God Bless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ally,

I love the blog(s)! They are like phone calls and a great way to stay connected.

I find that I need to be in the 'mood' to clean. It is just hard being in the 'mood'. When I am though don't stand in my way.

I would have loved to have seen Gina and Myles running into their Sunday school rooms! How exciting is that?

Happy Memorial Day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ally!

You and I are very similar. When I am facing a big project, I love to PLAN it ~ but it's the doing it that I don't enjoy.

BUT, when you kinda force yourself to start, you will feel so good once you get going. Put on K-Love really loud and give the kids their own projects to help you clean. Before you know it, you will accomplish SO much and it will feel SOOOOO good!

If you have any of those pre-moistened cleaning wipes, I've found that my kiddos LOVE to use those to clean... door handles, counter tops, light switches, etc.

Myles is at a great age to help....

I hope this turns out to be the productive day you want for it to be!!!!

Love you,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it is so hard to get motivated to clean!!!! I suggest what Kim said about putting K-love on really loud. That's what I do too!!! I actually had tried to listen to an Acappella CD the other day, and Eli just was like - MOM...I need K-love - not THIS! lol

I hope you guys had another good day at church today!! I'm thinking of you and miss you LOTS. and LOTS...and LOTS... LOVE YOU!