As it's late and I'm tired...but hot.
Still no A/C. It's totally broken, and with the current state of things just not worth wfixing. Sooo....we're making due. Using fans, chilling in the basement, using the Y pool, etc. But it's definitely something that won't be taken for granted in the future.
We had the real estate agent come out today. So far it doesn't look like selling the house is going to be a feasible option. So....we're exploring other options. We just need to gather all the information we can from reliable sources and pray so that we make the best decisions we can.
Derrick had another interview with Graeter's today. It went really well, but also kind of odd. He's interivewing for a Regional Manager position and they love him....say he's The One. Only problem? The position doesn't actually exist yet. They are hiring a consulting firm to do a financial analysis and recommend how how the company should be restructured since it's been set up the same way since it first opened...and managers are reporting directly to the owners.
So, we'll see. Hopefully things will fall into place if it's meant to be. I'm not so sure why they have an internal recruiter looking to fill a position that doesn't exist, but who am I? At least they were really impressed with him. In the mean time he's still just following up on other leads and staying in touch with all of his contacts.
We looked at one townhouse community this weekend (Mallard Lakes) and really liked it, but are not ready to make a decision yet until some other things are resolved. In the mean time we'll just keep looking so we can get into the best place for us as soon as we're ready. Regardless I'm excited about the fresh start.
We went to the pool at the Y today and the kids had a blast. I wish I had my camera.
We came home and made dinner and then played outside. You know it's bad when it's probably about 15 degrees cooler outside than it is in your own house. lol I would have gone out earlier had I known that!!
When we came in Myles wanted to get a shower...and Gina joined him. It was hysterical. She's always standing up in the bathtub though, so it actually worked. She loved it. That was truly a Kodak moment.
Gina is now saying "woof woof" when you ask her what a dog says. It cracks me up, so I ask her constantly. It's just so funny the way she says it. She also calls Cindy "inny" and is putting two words together (mommy here, daddy up, etc). So it's fun to see her growing and learning.
Well, I'm in a room with no fan and I'm starting to drip onto the keyboard...that's a sign I need to go.
Hope you're all having a good night.
Talk to you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hang in there Ally! We are all praying and rooting for you and your family! You are truly an inspiration to us all! We are all so proud of you!
I can imagine how HOT it must be in your home. You may want to check with Kim....I understand she is a big fan of camping and might be willing to share her tent!(smile!) Happy ANNIVERSARY TIM AND KIM!!!
I have a feeling that once Gina starts yammering we won't be able to make her stop! Myles is truly a proud big brother and the two of them really ought to have their own TV show! They are really two characters...in a good way!
Love,
Mom
Girrrlll - there are just some things that are an emergency and A/C is one of those. That would totally be a credit card moment in my book. I guess I would not be such a great influence on you, uhh? In my defense I do live in south GA.
Good luck on Derrick's job hunt. I am thinking about you guys!
Melissa
Ally, I'm so sorry I missed you last night. Tim is out of town tonight and tomorrow night... let's make a phone date ~ we have so much to catch up on.
Looking forward to it!
Love you,
Kim
Post a Comment