Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Another test??

I thought I was out of school! Yet...somehow it seems like we keep getting the tests that are just a part of life thrown at us.
We had two people come out today to take a look at our air conditioner. Both think the unit needs to be replaced. Really?! Now?! When we're trying to get out of here? I really wish it had just waited a few more months!
We have one more person coming on Friday to take another look, and from talking to him on the phone, I have confidence in him and he feels like he'll be able to fix it.
I don't like to think of myself as being a "prissy" girl, but I sure am spoiled when it comes to A/C. It's funny how a convenience quickly becomes an expectation.
The good part is that some of the topics in WWG have been popping in my mind and helping to keep things in perspective. I know that we have just been working too hard to not have things fall into place. I just can't let this set back distract me. I know it will all work out the way it's supposed to.
Kim, it's a good thing you're in HH...had you been home today would have been a day I would have been calling for a "Kim talk". You have such a knack of putting things in perspective for me.
I finally got Myles to fall asleep early tonight. Boy did he need it. Do you know where he fell asleep? On top of the coffee table, complete with a blanket and pillow. Hey...whatever works.
We had our first donation pick up today and are scheduled for another one tomorrow. I just finished bringing up some more stuff from downstairs, and then got a shower to freshen up. I never realized how big the basement is. :) Every bit we do motivates me to do even more as it keeps coming together.
Now we just need a collective prayer and the whole group to cross their fingers that the house can sell quickly and without major issues. I have to admit, I'm proud of myself for facing my fears head on. I've always had SO much anxiety about selling the house...not really related to leaving it, just all the work it would take to get it ready, have open houses and showings, etc. But I'm doing it! I know it will all pay off. I just have to stay positive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ally,

Geez..another test to pass. You will be at the head of the class when it comes to test taking! Again we are all in your corner and will stick together and support each other! That is what families are for!

Sometimes the "bad" times makes us all stronger....soon we will be as strong as an ox though! (smile).

My mom used to say "God does not give us more than we can handle". I guess I would add "God teaches us HOW to handle it before he gives us dilemas."

On another note, I must admit the image of Myles sleeping on the coffee table...Grandma Kopp's coffee table that she used to keep YOUR (and Tim's) little golden books in the cubicle...brought back so many memories!

I could just envision Grandma (and Grandpa) Kopp looking down and smiling and giving you the strength we will all need these next few months!? Remember the homemade chocolate chip cookies she always had on the counter? These are the LITTLE things (like we were talking about yesterday) that kids remember!

Take care of yourself and each other! We are there for you!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Ally,

Just checking in on you ;O) I have enjoyed reading the past few weeks of your posts. Since Kim is gone I have missed out on the updates of Ally. I am so proud of you and your perspective on life and the issues that life has thrown your way. You are doing great. Keep looking to Him for strength and comfort. He can and will get you through anything.
Love,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi There!

I've kept up with your blog while away and kept praying for you ~~~ but I've been a lurker without commenting due to lack of time. For some reason, Tim and the kids didn't appreciate my addiction to the computer!

SOOOOO, do you have air conditioning yet? It's amazing how something can be so easily taken for granted until it's gone. Here's something to make you laugh.... Today as the crew was here working on the attic, Jeremy came down to say we would need to shut OFF the a/c till 7pm bc of the paint sprayer. I looked at him in a probably not nice way given the current way-to-hot temperature! Believe me when I say that my family will now greatly appreciate the blessing of ac tonight! :)

Okay, so I need to call you tonight so we can catch up.... I'm anxious to hear all that you've been hearing from God throughout these times.

PS -- I finished the book and it was so great!

Looking forward to chatting with you!!!

Love you!
Kim