Seriously??!! I thought I had only missed one night of blogging. Clearly I was wrong.
I thought I had only missed 2 days of doing my prayer journal, yet before last night, the most recent date was April 28th. Someone must have ripped some pages out, because that just doens't seem possible.
And how is it possible that Stacey is leaving in just days?! There's no way she's been here 2 years. We were able to get together yesterday up in Dayton and again today for dinner. I was too sad to even cry when I hugged her good bye. The biggest part of me is still in denial that she's leaving, as I have been since the day she told me. If I don't believe it, it won't really happen.
Stacey, thank you so much. You have touched my heart and forever changed my life. I know our friendship will endure and continue to grow through phone calls. I just hate that Myles and Eli won't see each other very often anymore, and that Chase and Gina won't be able to hold hands (unless we can come up with a plot now to get them married when they grow up) lol.
I love you Stacey. Thank you for blessing me and teaching me so much. I hope time continues to pass quickly until we are able to get together again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You know, it's funny! Like we talked.... If you don't commit to DAILY time in your prayer journal with the Lord, satan will have you skip a LOT of days before you know it! I'm SO joyful that you caught yourself and are refocused and committed!
It's so interesting that you and Stacey are having to say good-bye right now.... I just chatted with my friend Dawn yesterday. We've lived states apart most of our married lives. When we moved to ATL she moved to Columbus. Then, I moved home to Cincy and we've seen each other ONCE in the last 10 years (last summer)! But, through ALL those years, she has been my closest friend. We talk sometimes daily, sometimes weekly, sometimes when life gets really busy less frequently.... but, the constant is that we are ALWAYS there for one another - ALWAYS! She and I met Jesus at the same time in our lives and have grown our faith together, grown our kids together and encouraged our husbands together. And, now she is about to move to the opposite side of the country ~ Portland, Oregon in a month of so.
Sorry, I know this doesn't help your friendship.... my point is just that sometimes when you must live miles apart, you can remain extremely close at heart through intimate phone calls ~ the kind that sometimes are a lifesaver & sometimes are just fun!
I'm praying that Stacey's move will go smoothly and that God's hand is upon her family.
Be blessed today!
With love,
Kim
My best friend Donna and I haven't lived in the same city for many years, and yet we are inseparable friends. We talk, laugh, and cry together. She knows my life as well as her own and all it takes is a word and she knows what that means and all the history behind it.
My friend Martha and I have lived in different cities now for almost 10 years and she knows areas of my heart better than I do.
The friends we left in Lou. will carry a part of my life and heart forever.
I know this doesn't soothe the hurt of Stacey's leaving, but I hope it brings the sure hope and knowledge that true friends are forever friends.
Marilyn
Even though I don't live in Cincinnati anymore I still feel a real connection with Jennifer. We are as close now as ever...maybe because we don't see each other as often?
As you know, Pam has come back into my life after 12 years or so and it is wonderful.
Some friends are 'there' for you no matter how far apart you are from one another.
On the other hand, I have had some acquaintances that I have known for years and still don't feel I 'know' them.
Stacey and you have a beautiful friendship that will last forever! No matter how far apart you are physically, you will be connected emotionally and spiritually EVEN THOUGH you will miss her terribly.
Love,
Mom
Ally, I love you from the bottom of my heart. That first time at Dayton Children's I could have never known how much you would mean to me and how much I cherish your friendship. No matter what space is in between us, hearts who are connected through the love of Christ are never far apart. (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment