Monday, May 5, 2008

More updates and prayers

as we all know life in the Lawary family is anything but boring.
Let's see. Life has had a lot of twist and turns for us lately.
We have decided that the Vineyard is not the right place for us, but after doing some more investigating and talking to people, I think we found a church that will be what we need. We are going to go for the first time this Sunday. I have prayed that God will lead us to our new church home, so hopefully this will be it. I'm looking forward to getting settled and plugged in lately.
I have been continuing to read GOOTP and love it. I've learned so much. I was listening to K-Love today (which, btw, Kim I never answered you...K-Love is my favorite channel!!) and it was talking about how just as the middle of the road is a dangerous place for animals, it is for Christians as well. God wants us to be all in or all out. You can't hang out in the middle, choosing when you call on God, choosing when you listen to him, choosing to just spend an hour a week with him and think you're going to really know him and have a relationship. I just love that analogy. I want to be "all in" and am getting closer and closer to that every day.
Not all of you know this, but Derrick is now done with Waffle House and will be working for Kopco 2nd shift temporarily until he is able to replace his career position. Please keep him and our entire family in your prayers for him to be led to the right position and for many doors to open for us. We are so thankful to even have the opportunity for this to be a possibility for him, and neither of us take that lightly.
Derrick and I have also been praying for God to not only bring us closer to him, but also to grow closer to each other. My eyes have been opened lately and I've realized how far we've wandered away from each other...just slowly, over a period of time...until we got to a point where our relationship was too much like a "business" and not focused on love and respect as much as it should be. We want to put God first in our lives, and ask him to help us do the work that needs to be done to totally reunite us and make us as happy as we both deserve to be, and also the best possible role models we can be.
Lastly, we want to completely open ourselves up to do what needs to be done to have financial security and peace. It may not be easy, and I know we may not get the answers I want, but clearly we haven't done well when left to our own devices, so it's obviously time to let God steer that ship for a minute. It seems like right now, every time there is an "up" there is an equal or greater "down". But I know that if we have our eyes, hearts and ears open he will guide us to do what needs to be done, and with a huge leap of faith and a lot of hard work, we will get to where we need to be.
So forgive me for not blogging as much as I could be or for not commenting on other blogs like I'd like too. Right now I'm going through a period of change and it's exciting but exhausting, so bear (bare?..holy cow I'm tired) with me. I'm trying to spend my "free time" reading, journaling, etc so that I can do the work on myself that needs to be done. I know you all understand!
I love you all. Off to do my jornal and GO TO BED!!! It's been another (too) fast weekend and I know I'm going to be exhausted in the morning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that you are Rockin and Rollin with Jesus and I just LOVE watching it!!!!!!

How beautiful are your prayers and perspective!

I LOVE the middle of the road analogy... How true is that? And, you WANT to be ALL in!!! That's a prayer that you can go ahead and celebrate that He WILL answer!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your journey! YOU ROCK!!!

Love you,
Kim

Anonymous said...

I find myself willing to be "all in" in so many relatively unimportant things in my life. Being "all in" with God can be so rewarding if I am willing to turn over control to Him.
Keep praying-we sometimes take the power of prayer too lightly, and certainly, God does not. I know you and Derrick will find the right path. Hang in there.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Ally,

I am so proud that you are reaching out and trying to find a church that is conducive to your needs.

As far as getting disconnected from one another in one's marriage, I know exactly what you mean. Been there done that and am still doing it.

It is very easy to get complacent and take one another for granted.

I have noticed a much more 'calmness' and 'peace' with you and the children.

I believe children pick up on the emotions around them and when mom and dad are more settled, it makes the children more comfortable.

Enough preaching....I should be the one listening to you and Kim...Marilyn too.

I think we all see things differently depending on our childhoods, personalities, etc.

The cool thing about blogging is perhaps we can type things we may have trouble saying.

Love you,

Mom