Friday, May 9, 2008

A scare with Gina

Gina scared us today. She,for some still unknown reason, kept falling at the sitters yesterday. Not a normal "toddler fall" a straight back "I'm gonna faint" fall. I was trying to be calm, but when Cindy called and said she had just fallen straight back into her TV and hit her head, I decided to take her to the doctor.
He was very thorough and didn't see any immediate explanation (ear infection, etc), but also didn't see any obvious signs of concern (dialted pupils, etc).
So, he told me to keep an eye on it for now, but told me what signs to watch for and what signs meant come back to the doctor and which meant go straight to the ER. So of course I was very scared.
Mom watched her the rest of the day though, and she seemed to be fine. I still feel like she's 'waddling' more than normal (shifting her weight side to side a lot more than usual), and just falling in general more than she usually does, but maybe I'm just being paranoid.
The kids are both home with daddy today, and he also seems to think she is acting okay. I don't know if it's my mommy gut, or just extreme mommy worry, but I'm just not so sure.
I'm just hoping she doesn't do anything like this again, and I PRAY that I don't see any of the signs that he told me to watch for that meant head straight to the ER. If I do, Derrick might as well call 911 and request a double transport, because I'll be needing medical assistance myself.
It's amazing when our kids scare us how INTENSE our instincts and love for them become.
So some extra prayers for Gina would be much appreciated!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scarey, scarey stuff. Hopefully Gina is fine. Hopefully it was just a freak thing.

I had no idea Gina was so attached to her 'baby'. She is a very sweet and funny girl.

I think Myles is going to have his hands full with Gina as his little sister. She is little but mighty!

We will ask God to keep a watchful eye over Gina.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for Gina, Ally. I hope it was just a phase she was going thru and that she doesn't do it again!!! I know the stress of it is just so much for you to bear. Hang in there...