Thursday, May 1, 2008

More of life's lessons

1. I have learned that although my tendancy when things go wrong is to become filled with anxiety, stress and fear, those emotions only serve to make you miserable and keep you deep in a pit. They zap the energy you need to actually think clearly and work *through* the situation! I am actually learning to be able to control the feelings I have, which is huge.
2. I have learned that through faith and hard work you really can change your situation.
3. I have learned that when you reach out to those who love you, even when it's hard and your pride makes it difficult, your community really will support you and lift you up. God wants us to choose our friends wisely so that we have a network of people around us that are able to give us strength and support.
4. I have learned that I love contemporary christian music and now listen to it in my car all the time!
5. I have learned that when you are feeling the most down, depressed, sad, tired, etc and don't feel like you are able to pray, that is when you need to pray the most.
6. I have learned that if you have faith and ask God to take the burden you are carrying from you, that he really will. If you just let him. You have to be willing to actually let it go and trust that he'll take care of you.
7. I have learned that I had a void in my life I didn't even know existed until I began filling it with the only thing that CAN fill it...God.
And on a more personal, funny level:
8. I have learned that even though a 4 year old boy looks like he's totally into his cartoon, he still hears...and understands...every word you and your husband are saying.
9. I have learned that an 18 month old girl is already very capable of charming her way out of trouble with a look and a kiss.
10. I have learned I love my family more every day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ally,

I believe your comments indicate that you have learned a LOT during the last several months. This blog has been a great instrument for you to express your feelings and, thereby, vocalize a lot of your feelings. You really have your priorities in order. It is just going to take a lot of time, and prayers, to sort everything out so that life seems to make some sense to you. You know that your family and extended family will always provide a shoulder for your to laugh, cry and share experiences. Hang in there. We all LOVE you.

Anonymous said...

Ally,

I believe your comments indicate that you have learned a LOT during the last several months. This blog has been a great instrument for you to express your feelings and, thereby, vocalize a lot of your feelings. You really have your priorities in order. It is just going to take a lot of time, and prayers, to sort everything out so that life seems to make some sense to you. You know that your family and extended family will always provide a shoulder for your to laugh, cry and share experiences. Hang in there. We all LOVE you.

Anonymous said...

Ally,

I believe your comments indicate that you have learned a LOT during the last several months. This blog has been a great instrument for you to express your feelings and, thereby, vocalize a lot of your feelings. You really have your priorities in order. It is just going to take a lot of time, and prayers, to sort everything out so that life seems to make some sense to you. You know that your family and extended family will always provide a shoulder for your to laugh, cry and share experiences. Hang in there. We all LOVE you.

Anonymous said...

Allyson Marie Kopp Lawary ~~~ YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Love You Like Crazy and I thank you for sharing what's going on in your heart. Now, I get to give a HUGE praise to Jesus as I head to bed tonight. You are SUCH a testimony to the power of the Holy Spirit when we SUBMIT to Him. Oh, how I wish I could hug your neck right this very minute! Oh, I'm crazy about you and what is happening with you. I can just picture the Lord sitting on His throne of Grace with a HUGE smile saying to you, "well done child - well done!".

Keep going and DON'T LET GO!!!!

PS -- Do you prefer 93.3 or 104.3??? Personally, I'm a K-Love fan, but when a song comes on that isn't speakin' to me, I switch the Star. :)

Oh, you blessed me tonight! Love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ally,

You GO girl! I agree with dad and Kim....you have grown a lot and we are SO proud of you!

Your family is always there for you...as you are for us!

Adversity makes us stronger and more accepting (and caring) of others struggles.

Great things do not come easily for most of us...perhaps that is why we appreciate them so much?

Love,
Mom