Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Updates

I've been tired lately and haven't been making the time to blog, but I've missed it. I'm in a season of my life right now where there is just a bunch of life's junk being thrown at us, and we're trying to sort through it all without going crazy. I'm so glad I have such great family and friends to lift me up when I need it!

So we went to a new church again this past sunday. It was still part of the
Vineyard, but one of the plant churches. It's called the Vineyard NW. I really liked it. I was much more comfortable with the size, the child care, the people were all so friendly, etc. I also signed up for a daily devotional email the church sends out, and I have been really enjoying reading those each morning.

Derrick and I didn't enjoy the pastor as much at this church as we did the one at the Big Vineyard, but we're hoping with time that will change. We watched a few baptisms during the service, and what a change that was. They did baptism by emersion during the songs we sang, and they had the person/people that led them to Christ do the baptism. It seemed like such a special moment for a family to share.

Derrick is on the road today job hunting. He was meeting a recruiter in Beechmont this morning and then was going to go to several places and put his resume in and/or get the contact information of the right person to do that with.

Hopefully something good happens and soon. Things just continue to get worse and worse with Waffle House and he just needs to be out of there NOW!!!

The kids are both good. Gina has learned to squeal at a pitch so high and loud she could shatter glass. We are trying, unsucessfully I might add, to teach the concept of "inside voice".
Myles is still in a phase of wearing "blue pants" (his jeans) and asks for them every day. He even wants Gina to wear blue pants. It wouldn't be such a big deal if they weren't so big on his waist that he has to hold them up!!

So anyway, hope you are all having a good day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one thing I will miss about Northstar is the baptisms... You could just feel the presence of the Holy Spirit during those times. And, once I read scripture and understood the concept, I LOVED and agreed with it. Just keep praying for direction for a church home. God will show you the right path for your family.

Okay, so please tell Myles that Aunt Kim wears her blue pants EVERYday and there is NOTHING wrong with it! In fact, other than when it's screamin' hot outside I feel jeans are a PERFECT pant choice! :)

Love you all,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Ally,

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. You all have had a lot of trials and tribulations these last few months.

As far as Myles, I too have my favorite pants. I just wish I had to hold them up!

As you know, your family is always there with you if not physically in spirit to lift you up.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Ally...I know things are so trying right now, for you, but just remember that everything has a purpose and God will never forsake His children. I'm always here chicky...

Anonymous said...

Ally,
I am glad you are trying different churches. Someday you will walk into one and it will just fit.
We (Baptists) have always baptised by immersion. It is so emotional. Larry baptized both our kids and it was amazing. The church they grew up in in Lou. had the person they felt most influenced their life to read their faith statement. All were very touching and individual, from very complex to "I love Jesus."
Hang in there. The devil is really working overtime on you all. If you give up he wins and rejoices in having thrown you off track and into a pit. Keep praying and keep your good, sincere attitude and it will work out.
Tell Myles I was thrillewde when I was finally able to get in a pair of jeans-even tho they are huge!
Love all of you,
Marilyn