I can't believe it's Thursday already! With Derrick working second shift, my days are just flying by. It's a little strange to be alone with the kids all evening and going to bed in an empty house! In the beginning, I have to admit it was slightly nice, probably because it was new, QUIET, and I looked at it as alone time.
The newness is wearing off though. Although, I guess I should be careful what I say, as the hours have worked out so well for Derrick to do his main job hunt since he has almost all day. He only has one more week to work second shift, and then he'll have to switch to first. Hopefully he'll still be able to get in enough hours, and have time for all the interviews/meetings.
I know these have been long days for both of us. I'm so proud of my husband and not only how hard he's working, but how positive he's staying while doing it. He's always been a night owl, and now that he's working until 1 am anyway, he often doesn't go to bed until 3 or 4 am. Then he gets up when he hears Myles awake and has a hard time falling back to sleep knowing everything he has to do. He's had so many appointments with recruiters, interviews and other things to take care of, which is great on one hand, but also exhausing to do all day and then go into work. And then to top it off, after all that, he'll be staying home with the kids all day tomorrow. I don't know how he does it all on such little sleep.
We're both thinking positively about his career job search and are hoping the right thing comes along soon. The big problem we're running into is a lot of people are wanting him to relocate. As most of you know, that'd be really hard for me. So keep praying that the right job...with the right hours, and really right pay...comes along soon. Derrick and I will both be SO appreciative and look at things so much differently now. We've both learned a lot.
Thanks to all of you for all of your support and kind words to keep us lifted up when we're down. I'm lucky to have a family I can count on.
Well, Gina is sleeping and I'm gonna try to get Myles to go to sleep here soon too so I can continue reading the book for our book club. And enjoy that quiet time!!!
Hope you all have a good night!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ally,
You all are weathering this newest storm in great form. It is so hard to keep a positive attitude when many things seem to go wrong all at once. But, you all have found the secret-faith in God and His ability to guide and help us.
We miss seeing you all. This Monday we have to take Emily to the airport in Columbus then the next week we will be with the Franks clan in Hatteras! I have gotten a position teaching children's literature at NKU for the month of June-11:30-1:20 each day.I am very excited and more than a little scared! Keep me in your prayers.
Love,
Marilyn
Ally,
I will keep praying that everything will work out the way it is supposed to. Change is hard but sometimes can be good? When I have difficult times, I call them 'character builders'. Somehow I am thinking I have enough character by now.
I have learned so much from you!
We are proud of you for trying to go with the flow and think positively.
Marilyn, (Doug calls Allyson that half of the time) we are excited for you and your new teaching position!
Doug and I will look forward to seeing you, Larry and the Franks clan in Hatteras.
I hate to leave the furry boys again but hopefully they will be fine.
Post a Comment