Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday, Monday.

I've had a good day so far. I went into work this morning for a few hours, and I actually kind of enjoy doing the half day. I'm able to get out of there and still enjoy my day, plus it gets me up and showered and all that good stuff.
Gina had an appt today with her therapy people and the boys stayed home with her for that. They made a list of words she says and just want us to add on to it over the next couple of weeks as we hear new things. I'm not so sure she's actually saying all the words they wrote down, but maybe I'm not giving her enough credit.
Derrick said they were letting her play with play do, but kept handing her a plastic fork to poke holes in it, and she kept trying to eat the play do with the fork. I agree that'd be a little confusing since she's just learning to use utensils right now. He said it was a good appt though and the next time a speech therapist will come out to evaluate where she is and provide any support. Really I think she's totally fine, but just feel safer having them come periodically to keep track of everything.
Derrick didn't have any interviews today, so we actually got to spend a couple of hours together before he went to work, which was nice.
We did go to the new church again this weekend, Fairfield Church of Christ. I think we both liked it a little better this time. Both of the kids seemed happy and comfortable there. Gina went in the room without even crying...just a little pouty lip. But when we picked her up she was sitting at the picnic table having a pretend tea party just as happy as could be.
Myles went right up to his room, told them his name, and went on it. The guy even picked him up gave him a high 5, and Myles spoke to him. You all know how unusual that can be for my shy, akward Myles.
We ran into a couple of people we know as well, which was nice. One was our neighbor, and the other was one of my previous back up babysitters that watched Myles for about 3 weeks at one time. It was great to see her and her kids again and for her to see Myles and Gina. Gina is the age Myles was when she watched him!!
Our situation right now is certainly not ideal, but there are some upsides to it. I really think God put us in a situation where we'd have to strongly re-evaluate a lot of things, and that's what we're doing. It's nice to have my quiet alone time at night to do my devotionals and journaling, and the time together on the weekends is such a blessing. Myles has really enjoyed having Derrick here more, and I do too since it means I can sleep a little later and usually get breakfast cooked.
Hopefully he'll end up with a new job soon that allows us to have similar benefits.
Talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ally,

I am so happy to hear that you are happy! We will just keep praying that things turn out the way they are supposed to according to the higher up.

I think Mr. Myles is becoming quite the little social butterfly...guess he is taking after Ms. Lauren!

As for Gina, I think she will do what she wants, when she wants and not before. She is a little lady that has her own mind! The playdoh things seems a bit tricky to me too! What in the world were they thinking? I am glad Derrick got to see what was going on today.

I will look forward to hearing about the 'new' church as time goes along. It sounds like the children are liking it a lot! It is nice that you already know a few members and it is close.

As for Derrick, I will keep praying that he finds a job very soon that works for you all.

I can imagine how much you all like Derrick home more on a more 'normal' schedule!

I enjoy your blogs...keep them coming!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are still liking the new church!!! That is such an important part of life...wish us luck as we start our church hunting soon.